What shows are currently on the Golden? Also, Captain?

Coral

Coral,

Productions shows were Caribbean Caliente, Shake Rattle & Roll and Words & Music. Other shows were comedian Kevin Hughes, vairety perormer Dan Bennett, magic & illusion with Gaetano, piano/vocalist Kyle Esplin, Paul Burton, and West End Star Soprano Philippa Healey. Captain is David Calabrese. Any other questions, let me know as we got back this past Saturday 9/24. You'll have a great time!

I was hoping Piano Man would be one of the production shows. I loved it in Alaska this summer. I don't think I have seen the Caribbean Caliente - how was this show?

Nitemare - I think I will skip the magician. I have yet to see a good magician on a ship.

We are looking forward to seeing Piano Man on the Regal - here it is a great show!! Don't miss Kevin Hughes, we saw him on the Star. Of course it is a matter of opinion but he has two (one an adult only) and they were both great.

We are looking forward to seeing Piano Man on the Regal - here it is a great show!! Don't miss Kevin Hughes, we saw him on the Star. Of course it is a matter of opinion but he has two (one an adult only) and they were both great.

Thanks Joanne! I did love Piano Man on the Sun Princess - I saw it 2x.

How is your daughter doing? I am guessing she is on the Regal right now - what ship does she go on next?

Coral,

Caribbean Caleinte was a good show. I agree with Nightmare, you can skip Gaetano. I saw him several years ago on another cruise and his act is identical. Was not impressed with Dan Bennett either. Kevin Hughes was very funny--do not miss his shows. He had 3 performances and all were excellent. As far as excursions, we did not do any trips with the ship. I did a lot of research on these boards so we ventured on our own all week. Public Gardens in Halifax is beautiful. Did Oli's Trolley to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor. Teriffic tour, only regret is not enough time on that tour. You get three 15 minute stops which is not enough time. Spoke to other couples on the ship that hired a taxi and they had unlimited time at the park which is probably the way to go. Toured Breakers and Elms at Newport and both are nice. Cliff walk by the Breakers is beautiful. The Cliff Walk past the Breakers (believe south)is closed. The other direction appeared open towards (Fourty Steps)from what I could see. We ran out of time and did go any further. Guard said since it is off season, they are doing work on that area but you can still get some good views in front of the Breakers. I did not actually take the whale watching cruise, but heard dissapointing reviews on this (rough seas) and the tour that takes you to the reversing falls in Saint John. (Falls tour more so for the cost of the tour). Heard you were better off taking a taxi for about $7 vs tour of $94. You also have to watch the tide time to get the best view. We opted not to do this one so if you are interested, maybe get some more information before spending that much money on that tour. No regrets on anything we did, all of the ports are beautiful. Even though you are at each port all day, we still did not have enough time to do all of the things we wanted to do. I hope to go back next year. It was a fantastic trip!

How is your daughter doing? I am guessing she is on the Regal right now - what ship does she go on next?

Hi Coral, you are right - she is on the Regal. She is going to be taking a break after this. They offered her both the Med and the Baltics for next spring and summer but she said she just needs some of the real life. We all say 'ARE YOU CRAZY' :D but she was hired a week out of high school and has been away for 3 years with only a max. of 4 weeks off between contracts - only being home 2 weeks so far this year. All by her choice and she has been able to see such amazing things but now it's time to get into reality. She wants to be able to call a friend whenever she wants, have a bedroom with a window and some fresh air, bake cookies, eat a plain meal, drive a car and go to school just because . . . She thinks she may go back some day so we will just have to wait and see.

In the mean time what do I use as an EXCUSE for my next cruise :D .

Have a great cruise - I would love to do Eastern Canada and I hope you get lots of great advice.

PS - Loved your comments on the reserved chairs. . . talked to my daughter the other day and she said she went to the pool on a sea day (now that they are in Mexico) and there were actually empty chairs - can hardly wait.

Hi Coral, you are right - she is on the Regal. She is going to be taking a break after this. They offered her both the Med and the Baltics for next spring and summer but she said she just needs some of the real life. We all say 'ARE YOU CRAZY' :D but she was hired a week out of high school and has been away for 3 years with only a max. of 4 weeks off between contracts - only being home 2 weeks so far this year..

I would be the same way saying "of course you can have a real life but AFTER you spend the summer in the Med"..... I am sure if she wants to go back, she can. What a wonderful experience she has had!

Enjoy your cruise on the Regal - hopefully I will get on that ship one day.

Theresa

Coral,

Caribbean Caleinte was a good show. I agree with Nightmare, you can skip Gaetano. I saw him several years ago on another cruise and his act is identical. Was not impressed with Dan Bennett either. Kevin Hughes was very funny--do not miss his shows. He had 3 performances and all were excellent. As far as excursions, we did not do any trips with the ship. I did a lot of research on these boards so we ventured on our own all week. Public Gardens in Halifax is beautiful. Did Oli's Trolley to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor. Teriffic tour, only regret is not enough time on that tour. You get three 15 minute stops which is not enough time. Spoke to other couples on the ship that hired a taxi and they had unlimited time at the park which is probably the way to go. Toured Breakers and Elms at Newport and both are nice. Cliff walk by the Breakers is beautiful. The Cliff Walk past the Breakers (believe south)is closed. The other direction appeared open towards (Fourty Steps)from what I could see. We ran out of time and did go any further. Guard said since it is off season, they are doing work on that area but you can still get some good views in front of the Breakers. I did not actually take the whale watching cruise, but heard dissapointing reviews on this (rough seas) and the tour that takes you to the reversing falls in Saint John. (Falls tour more so for the cost of the tour). Heard you were better off taking a taxi for about $7 vs tour of $94. You also have to watch the tide time to get the best view. We opted not to do this one so if you are interested, maybe get some more information before spending that much money on that tour. No regrets on anything we did, all of the ports are beautiful. Even though you are at each port all day, we still did not have enough time to do all of the things we wanted to do. I hope to go back next year. It was a fantastic trip!

Thanks for your commenets....

I need to finalize my excursions this weekend.

Newport - we do have the Cliff walk scheduled. Too bad part is closed. We also have the mansion with the topiary gardens booked.

Halifax - we have a private driver booked all day for Peggy's Cove, Luenenburg (sp?), Mahone Bay, Chester, etc . . I would like to see the Public Gardens if we have time.

Bar Harbor - we have "land and sea" booked and also the limo ride through the cruise line. I may switch this to a private driver instead of the limo but first we need to decide if we are going to do the Bar Harbor by land and sea. I heard the going rate by taxi is $50 an hour - is that what you heard? Did people pre-arrange this or just pick it up at the pier?

St. John - I think we are going to do St. Andrews or St. Martin.

Boston - probably hop on, hop off trolly.

Thanks for all your comments. Sounds like you had a great trip!

Archived