Booking Flight Through RCCL

suntan

We are not sailing until September 2016 on the Brilliance but we're starting to look into flights to/from Barcelona. I see that RCCL has 2 flight programs - Choice Air and Air2Sea. Am I correct in thinking that Choice Air is only for flights and doesn't provide transportation from the airport to the port and visa versa?

Also, I heard that booking through RCCL we will not be able to choose the flight we want - we would only be able to pick the airline and the port of call and then closer to the departure date would we find out what our flight arrangements are and the price could be higher than if we went ahead and booked the flight ourselves months earlier. Is this correct?

Any information you can provide on this will be greatly appreciated. This is our first time on RCCL (but not first time cruisers).

Thank you.:)

I think that Choice Air has been renamed Air2Sea and that the two are the same thing. If you use it, you are given a choice of flights with corresponding costs ... you can pick the itinerary you want. You are correct that they do not include transfers unless perhaps if you are booking an entire package with RCI (including pre-cruise hotel, etc). Edited by silentbob007

[quote name='silentbob007']I think that Choice Air has been renamed Air2Sea and that the two are the same thing. If you use it, you are given a choice of flights with corresponding costs ... you can pick the itinerary you want. You are correct that they do not include transfers unless perhaps if you are booking an entire package with RCI (including pre-cruise hotel, etc).[/quote]
Transfers are not included from airport to hotel even if you book a hotel package through RCI. They discontinued that several years ago. You do get transfers from hotel to port and then port to airport.