Need advice. Barcelona leaving ship

Sand$!

We have just found out my DSIL is getting married in England the day we arrive from our cruise in Barcelona. DH would like to make the wedding. We live in Australia and will have cruised over from Brazil so not much other chances to change plans.

Do the experts here know if it would be reasonable for DH to leave the ship as a walk off to make a 10.00 am flight. And then could I leave later with the bags I am booked in hotel for five days with my mother meeting me so not reasonable for me to make wedding. DH will fly back next day and join us till we officially head back to UK later.

So do RCI let us spilt the cabin departure?

DSIL will not change plans because of venue availability. This will be Sunday 24th March 2016.

Many thanks for all advice

Sure, you don't have to leave the ship together. He should be able to make the 10am flight if he walks off the ship as early as possible.

... and if he does the express walk off as early as he can, and with little (or no luggage), he will be through the Barcelona terminal and in the parking lot really fast. There is no customs or security line in the terminal. He also will not be fighting much of a crowd for a taxi if he gets out early.

You should be fine in any case.

Some flights to the UK go from Terminal 2 and that terminal is a little further by taxi and adds 5 to 10 minutes at times. The fact that the UK is non-Schengen does also add an additional passport control and potential enhanced security.

Another alternative if he would like to attend the wedding would be to request security clearance for early disembark at Malaga. You could still enjoy the entire day together and as the Costa del Sol is served by very frequent flights to the UK there are even many late evening flights daily.

Many passengers on TA cruises disembark early to enjoy land tours after the crossing.

Thank You all very much. Confident now we have a chance of him being there if the wedding is timed for 2.00 pm. But just in case Malaga sounds an option but not sure if I want to be on ship for last two nights on my own as it is our first cruise. Of course I would not mind if it works out that way. Hope I make some friends!! Judging by the nice folks on here my chances will be high and after 12 nights at sea might be pleased to see the back of DH 😜

Thanks again

We have just found out my DSIL is getting married in England the day we arrive from our cruise in Barcelona. DH would like to make the wedding. We live in Australia and will have cruised over from Brazil so not much other chances to change plans.

Do the experts here know if it would be reasonable for DH to leave the ship as a walk off to make a 10.00 am flight. And then could I leave later with the bags I am booked in hotel for five days with my mother meeting me so not reasonable for me to make wedding. DH will fly back next day and join us till we officially head back to UK later.

So do RCI let us spilt the cabin departure?

DSIL will not change plans because of venue availability. This will be Sunday 24th March 2016.

Many thanks for all advice

Be aware this is more than one airport in the Barcelona area. There are smaller airports (like Reus Airport) that many regional airlines use like Ryanair. These airports would further away. Flights are cheaper but you don't want these airports. You want Barcelona–El Prat Airport.

Be aware this is more than one airport in the Barcelona area. There are smaller airports (like Reus Airport) that many regional airlines use like Ryanair. These airports would further away. Flights are cheaper but you don't want these airports. You want Barcelona–El Prat Airport.

Thanks, have priced up flights correctly for this airport and getting to Heathrow as need to get to Bagshot!! And no point making a flight to get him to Gatwick or wherever not too bad a cost at moment if I can confirm the wedding time. Can get him out and back in 24 hours for 144 euro at the moment.

Now I will possibly find out it is an earlier wedding but hey we can always buy them a nicer gift when we visit later in the week.

Cheers