Its Monday, why is NOS and Magic still in Galveston??

longhorn2004

I'm not surprise if the reason they delay the departure because of the severe weather condition yesterday in Galveston causing high wind and wave. There was a barge runs into ground (sand bar) because of high wind in galveston.

http://abc13.com/news/tug-barge-grounded-off-galveston-shore-in-high-winds/1050662/

http://www.click2houston.com/news/wind-pushes-tugboat-barge-near-shore-in-galveston/36043434

Edited by StrikeEagle

I am on the NOS. Ship is reversing the itinerary, with departure at 10 today, sea day Tuesday, then Roatan Wed, Belize Thurs, Cozumel Fri, sea day Sat, back Sun. Nothing will be skipped and we get full day in each port as planned.

I am on the NOS. Ship is reversing the itinerary, with departure at 10 today, sea day Tuesday, then Roatan Wed, Belize Thurs, Cozumel Fri, sea day Sat, back Sun. Nothing will be skipped and we get full day in each port as planned.

Are they giving any freebies compensation such as free drinks, OBC, wi-fi, discount on future cruise, etc...

Edited by StrikeEagle

Why would they? They're getting all of their ports and the same total number of days. Nothing was lost, so what compensation?

I asked this on the Carnival forum, but how in the world do they (RCL and Carnival) make up leaving 17 hours late in two days?

Both ships will arrive back in Galveston on Sunday as normally scheduled.

I asked this on the Carnival forum, but how in the world do they (RCL and Carnival) make up leaving 17 hours late in two days?

Both ships will arrive back in Galveston on Sunday as normally scheduled.

It's called speed. The ships cruise at very low knots under normal conditions so can easily make up the time lost being less than 24 hours short.

Why would they? They're getting all of their ports and the same total number of days. Nothing was lost, so what compensation?

I was on the Oct 9, 2011 Freedom at the Seas. After a few hours embark from Port Canaveral we ran into a big storm, the ship was rock back and forth really bad, they closed down the dinning room and all the venues around the ship and order us back to our room. About 11:30 pm after we passed through the storm they re-open the dinning room and we have late night snacks pizzas, free sodas. After that we continue the rest of the cruise and made it to all ports. RCL gave us $250 OBC and discount for the future cruise for the trouble we went through.

On another cruise Navigator sailing on Spring Break from Galveston in 2014, on the way back to the port on the last day, there was some kind of accident in the port of Galveston causing the port to close down. All ships were waiting out in Galveston waiting to come in. On the Navigator they open up the wi-fi free for everyone to use. We didn't come in to the port later on that evening.

Both cruises, didn't lost any days or ports, they did some sort of compensation for the inconvenience you went through.

Edited by StrikeEagle

It's called speed. The ships cruise at very low knots under normal conditions so can easily make up the time lost being less than 24 hours short.

When I was on NOS, we routinely did 22 knots. Max speed for NOS is 25 knots. So "speed" will only do so much. Much be a lot slack built into the schedule to make 14 hours.