No Punch, Lemonade?

rhea2day

This is my first princess cruise, previously on Royal and Carnival - why are they not offering punch or lemonade, just tea, coffee and water - it would seem a small expense considering the price of the cruise. I can understand the soda, but I don't drink soda so it doesnt matter to me...I would have like to enjoy a glass of punch or lemonade on the deck in the sun???

Just curious.:rolleyes:

Was on the Grand Princess last week. Only offer was water and iced tea. I too wondered what happened to the lemonade I remember on the Golden only 1 1/2 years ago. Not being a soda drinker I was pretty disappointed.

Perhaps the regular Princess cruisers can comment. I too think it is a cheap way of scrimping.

Nor have I ever seen punch or lemonade offered on Princess. I've only been sailing them since early 2000's, not as long as Toto, but long enough to know there is no punch or lemonade.

TIP: Something my husband and I do often on Carib cruises is use the free lemon slices in a large glass of ice and water with sweetener (all free in the buffet 24 hours a day) and make our own lemonade. If you like the real fresh stuff, then you'll like it. If you wanted the powdered sugared fake stuff, then it isn't for you.

BTW, I also think there should be punch or lemonade available. :D

just a little suggestion--maybe you can buy the crystal light single packs and add it to the water!!! I think they have all different flavors including lemonade & punch--I think I might take my own suggestion since I am going on the 10/8 Caribbean Princess.

Laurie :)

Like PaminMa, I also remember lemonade on both Royal Princess and Pacific Princess (old) - but now that I think about it - it has been some time since I have seen it.

Same thing with hot chocolate - been sometime since I have seen the SwissMiss packages to make your own hot chocolate.

Guess I'll have to stick with my ginger ale.

Just returned from a cruise on the Sapphire. There were 7 in our group. At dinner we asked for a pitcher of water, poured in our Crystal Light, and viola-lemonade for everyone. IMO, if the lack of lemonade is a deal breaker, you really need to get a life.

Just returned from a cruise on the Sapphire. There were 7 in our group. At dinner we asked for a pitcher of water, poured in our Crystal Light, and viola-lemonade for everyone. IMO, if the lack of lemonade is a deal breaker, you really need to get a life.

Its hardly a deal breaker, but it would be a nice addition. I didn't get the impression from these posts that anyone was saying 'no punch, no cruise' ?!?!?

Archived