Now that "Unlimited Booze" is on all NCL ships..

takeadip

Should we stop worrying so much about all the "kids" in the hot tubs and maybe direct some of that energy to making sure our adult NCL guests who take the "unlimited" Booze advertisement quite literally then decide to go for a hot soak while completely drunk..

a friend of mine just lost his father in a hot tub accident where he actually was intoxicated and stayed in the water to long...he had a heart attack and was found floating..im surprised that with the huge push to stay competitive in the industry NCL does not make cruisers more aware of the dangers of mixing Booze with Hot tubs...

-Mark

in short, nope!!! We just got off the Jewel. I ddin't see that many people blasted and not any in the hot tubs. I know, if you stay too long, you can have serious problems, but my guess: your friends dad alredy had health issues. Maybe he wasn't aware of them or he was in the hot tub for hours. this isn't going to happen on a cruise.;

WOW THIS TOOK A VERY NEGATIVE TURN......LOL

the point of my post was to bring attention to the problem with excessive drinking and then making life threatening poor decisions...people cant care for themselves...history has proven that...when you read the caution label on toothpaste that says "do not swallow" its written for the lowest common denominator...so goes it for those who lounge in the hot tubs for excessive times...the signs posted by the hot tub are very small font and you really cant read them....

i would rather be in a hot tub with a few unruly kids then a drunk 400 pound guy wearing a hair sweater that i can hear breathing over the roaring jets of the tub...

my buddy works for the CDC and calls hot tubs...minestrone soup...just FYI

-Mark

and because of where your friend is employed probably gives him a slightly stanted view.

and because of where your friend is employed probably gives him a slightly stanted view.

Well, the whole hottubs being a human soup thing is honestly pretty common knowledge. The warm water + high amount of traffic = basically a breeding ground for all kinds of fun little microbes. Unless they are getting shocked every night (unlikely), the hottubs are not the place to be if cleanliness is a concern.

That said, people have been boozing and boating since booze and boats coexisted. There will always be a few folks who take it too far, but that was happening long before the Unlimited Booze cruises were a thing. You might see a few more people a bit tipsy now, but most people stop long before getting to boofy blitzed status.

So moral of the story is: The sky isn't falling.

i would rather be in a hot tub with a few unruly kids then a drunk 400 pound guy wearing a hair sweater that i can hear breathing over the roaring jets of the tub...

-Mark

Wow, did you really write this. THIS is what is so negative about this thread.

the signs posted by the hot tub are very small font and you really cant read them....

Apparently, you were able to read the signs just fine.

i would rather be in a hot tub

followed by...

You sound terribly confused. Perhaps you should stay out of hot tubs -- and maybe off of cruise ships -- altogether.

It is a fair warning you've made. As someone who has high blood pressure, I know better than to sit in one longer than about 15 minutes at a time. I'm always amazed at the people that will plant themselves in a hot tub for hours sometimes, whether or not alcohol is involved.

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing, I have HBP and know not to sit in the hot tub for longer than 10-15 minutes. Anyone who has health issues should be aware of this and know what they should or should not do. I don't think this has anything to do with alcohol, it has more to do with not being aware of how to handle medical issues or knowledge on how long to sit in a hot tub even if you're healthy.

i agree with all of you...who does the OP think he is trying to save lives by using "common sense"? lol

for the record...it IS unlimited booze pkg...as it stands...until it is limited...

we all try to get whatever it is out of a cruise to feel we found good value...for some its booze....for others its eating at the buffet....and for others its trying to protect the 5 lounge chairs that they "claimed Theirs" at 7am...

news for all of you...when i get to the sundeck and see loungers with towels only and no one laying on them...their towels are going by by...im removing them...

If anyone saw me removing towels off loungers would people say anything? i already have a makeshift box labeled "lost and found" that i will put in the corner for all their ncl cruise hats and cheap sunglasses and long expired people magazines.....im on breakaway this 3/6/16....you have all been warned...

and yes, if i make it off the ship alive...lol....i will be sure to give a detailed review of my journey.....whos with me?

we have to reclaim our loungers...one chair at a time...

-Mark

i agree with all of you...who does the OP think he is trying to save lives by using "common sense"? lol

for the record...it IS unlimited booze pkg...as it stands...until it is limited...

we all try to get whatever it is out of a cruise to feel we found good value...for some its booze....for others its eating at the buffet....and for others its trying to protect the 5 lounge chairs that they "claimed Theirs" at 7am...

news for all of you...when i get to the sundeck and see loungers with towels only and no one laying on them...their towels are going by by...im removing them...

If anyone saw me removing towels off loungers would people say anything? i already have a makeshift box labeled "lost and found" that i will put in the corner for all their ncl cruise hats and cheap sunglasses and long expired people magazines.....im on breakaway this 3/6/16....you have all been warned...

and yes, if i make it off the ship alive...lol....i will be sure to give a detailed review of my journey.....whos with me?

we have to reclaim our loungers...one chair at a time...

-Mark

Hitting the bottle a bit early, huh?

I was a member of a Facebook group called Norwegian Loyalists. One of the reasons I left (before I was booted out) was that the great leader Michael would preach about people drinking too much. To be honest it sounded like he was an ex drinker. As for hot tubs and alcohol. Who would go in one sober? [emoji5]️

the point of my post was to bring attention to the problem with excessive drinking and then making life threatening poor decisions...people cant care for themselves...history has proven that...when you read the caution label on toothpaste that says "do not swallow" its written for the lowest common denominator...so goes it for those who lounge in the hot tubs for excessive times...the signs posted by the hot tub are very small font and you really cant read them....

-Mark

I would rather not be in a hot tub with anyone weighing 400,lbs and they do not have to be drunk. Maybe on a cruise ship there are better places for you to hang out than the hot tubs.

Well, the whole hottubs being a human soup thing is honestly pretty common knowledge. The warm water + high amount of traffic = basically a breeding ground for all kinds of fun little microbes. Unless they are getting shocked every night (unlikely), the hottubs are not the place to be if cleanliness is a concern.

That said, people have been boozing and boating since booze and boats coexisted. There will always be a few folks who take it too far, but that was happening long before the Unlimited Booze cruises were a thing. You might see a few more people a bit tipsy now, but most people stop long before getting to boofy blitzed status.

So moral of the story is: The sky isn't falling.

yes, you are right about the hot tub and the spread of germs, but you have to admit, people in certain fields are even more critical of the situation. Most of us will never get sick from the hot tub, for those who are concerned the answer is simple: don't use them. If we spend our lives worrying about this germ and that germ we would never come out of our homes and most of us have more germs hiding in our kitchens etc than we know.