Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

Susie51--- I've heard dining is open 90 days out, and entertainment about 60 days out.

CruiseNovicesUK--- that has been the number one complaint I have heard about Q / Anthem--- that the bookings for dining and entertainment are not open together.

Sadly, I've heard many horror stories of people who have had to change one or both of those :(

Not sure if anyone is interested in the cruise compass, but here is yesterday's and today's:

70f57f349643f33548f9f08e82f34857.jpg

4deb52c491128ecd0fa0470ccad044e8.jpg

afb753670ed92a3be2452c649fde3840.jpg

3e78547c568429ae6f3245a46fa6604c.jpg

And I thought this was quite interesting, our current position. Sorry for the quality, the picture was taken from the in room tv:

0398326c69a1c991bfdd203e042c7f27.jpg

While I was taking pictures of the tv, here is another one with the channel list on:

26349da768b2feb188a98c3b35abf1fd.jpg

So last night we did eat in the Windjammer. There was a fairly good selection of meals and plenty of empty tables available. However one down side is no waiter came to take any drink orders from us.

After dinner we went to a show in the theatre. This was a welcome type show hosted by the cruise director Luke Arrowsmith. As we have not cruised before I'm not wholly sure what their role is, although after chatting to some other people I understand what they do. Although we didn't think he was particularly engaging and seemed quite flat.

After Luke had introduced his team a comedian called Steve Womack was on. We didn't find him particularly funny as his routine seemed very dated. But then again we tend to go to comedy clubs fairly regularly so this may have impacted our view of this.

After the show in the theatre there was another show in 270 at 10pm. This was to showcase the unique features of the venue, which is an absolutely fantastic entertainment space.

There was a live band a couple of singers, aerial performers and a display of the robo screens and the screens which cover the windows and surround the venue making it very immersive. I've added a couple of pictures below:

35c75ce35dbdb08e24408383739ca736.jpg

c82b438537a8e30940a481db8f1b0ed0.jpg

cb854fd1ea7a06d1c55cc8334bc8d892.jpg

On the way back to the cabin, we stopped in to Sorrentos for a couple of slices of pizza which were OK. There was also an option to create your own which would have been good, although we didn't want a full pizza and didn't want to waste any.

CruisenovicesUK, thank you for your reply. Wow the photos are amazing and giving us all a great idea of the ship.

This certainly is a large ship. Celebrity ships not as large so this will be a new adventure for the family.

Enjoy your cruise and I look forward to following your thread.

Carol

Looking forward to this so much! Thank you!

If you have a chance to take a photo of the coffee shop drink menu, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd also be curious to know what beers are excluded from beverage package at Michaels Pub

Hi conandrob

Here is the coffee menu for La Patisserie, which serves Starbucks. The drinks are included in drinks packages (dependant on if you have coffees in the package) but the cakes are chargeable in this venue.

There weren't any paper menus unfortunately so had to take a picture of the to menu boards, so hope these are clear enough:

9afd7726fe6c6519738a9334112700b5.jpg

210c30cc3a47eb5a91bacf14304e4ab8.jpg

38bd058680397a55257d2c42ed39f8db.jpg

e793a0dd62620da4f3fe24d1f18bb7a8.jpg

I'll be able to upload the 270 coffee menu later

Thanks to everyone who is following and enjoying this blog. I enjoy writing things like this, so it's great that it's helpful.

This morning after spending a while updating all the photos on here while my other half was still asleep, we went to the Windjammer for breakfast around 08:30. It was very, very busy and we had to do a full lap before we could find space to sit which was on the end of bench style seating.

When we sat down a waiter came straight over and took our drink order. We had some of the freshly squeezed juice which was great and much better than the concentrate option. The tea was pretty good and was Tetley, my other half had a coffee which she said was as good as Starbucks which is something especially with the amount of Starbucks she drinks at work!

There was a good choice for breakfast, I didn't take any pictures as it was busy, so couldn't get any clean shots. However if we go earlier one day I'll try and get some. A full cooked option was available including both British and American style bacon, sausages, potatoes etc. There was an option to have freshly fried eggs or pre done boiled eggs, but you can't get poached if that's your preference. Omelettes were cooked to order, and the usual choice of cereals and breads. Toast is pre done so no queuing at toasters which was great. Also you could ask for toasted muffins bagels and the like.

After breakfast we went to go on the North Star, we got there around 09:30 and the queue took around an hour. Although after we had been on I would estimate the queue length would have been over 2 hours.

The North Star was fantastic with some great shots of the ship which I have added below. Unfortunately there is reflection from the glass on these:

892b2564d18f4416c6e86fcf0483ae05.jpg

437184d6e4b23715d510e2057a5016fc.jpg

7de3e1fd8a379dc4cdf691606ec240b2.jpg

9c0c77861333e3082bb8dca2cd00b5b4.jpg

5e94383d6f1b2ac15a53ee53cc245e42.jpg

93557457fbd0cd63f428e901fe8775dc.jpg

As it was windy there was a fair bit of movement in the capsule though. My other half wasn't the big fan of the shaking of the capsule but it wasn't bad and you could easily move around in it.

I did ask the staff member in the capsule what happens if it gets stuck at the top. I know an odd question but I was interested to find out. Apparently it's quite easy and they can just release the pressure in the hydraulics which returns it to the start location. In extreme emergencies he said you can also zip line down the arm.

One other point is that the programme is 17 minutes so probably around 25 by the time you allow for loading and unloading. They allow between 15 and 18 people on at any one time depending on weight as everyone is weighed before boarding.

After North Star we had a walk round the deck and you can do a full lap of the boat. I think one trip round is just over half a mile. It was very windy towards the front. At the rear there were some people doing body boarding on the Flow Rider, probably only about 6 people which I would assume was due to the cold weather. The Flow Rider looks fantastic through and I am definitely going to have a go over the coming days. (I'll upload some Flow Rider pictures shortly)

Since then we have just been for coffee and we are now in two 70 watching a pianist / singer who is pretty good.

I've taken some pictures of the two 70 menu so will add these in the next post.

WOW these are all great postings.

We are sailing on Anthem on November 10th out of Port Liberty and this is invaluable information.

Do you know who the the Loyalty Ambassador is on board?

Thank you and keep up the GREAT work.

Hi, thanks for the great feedback.

We we just found out the Loyalty Ambassador is Andre Stoica, hope this helps.