Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

Thanks, sorry for the confusion.

This thread was originally located on the main Royal Caribbean forum but yesterday it had been moved to the Countdown to Quantum class sub forum which is used very little. I couldn't find it at first when searching the main forum.

WOW, Cruise critic really screwed up moving your blog. They should keep it where it is easy to find for everyone who is cruising on Anthem to read, as it contains so much useful information. They missed the boat on this one ;)

WOW, Cruise critic really screwed up moving your blog. They should keep it where it is easy to find for everyone who is cruising on Anthem to read, as it contains so much useful information. They missed the boat on this one ;)

Well I guess they figure that people should still be reading the Countdown to Quantum section, but that ship has already sailed!

I don't really understand why they haven't at least renamed it. Seems like someone is asleep at the (ship's) wheel.

Edited by MisterBill99

We just returned from Anthem of the Seas ( transatlantic ), so I can answer any questions you may have!

We are now looking forward to the Dec. 27th sailing with our whole family...

Hi. Do you remember (or even better have a picture of) the outlet(s) in the cabins? I need to bring some chargers with me....

Normally ships only have one outlet by the desk but I think the Anthem has two?

thanks.

Hi. Do you remember (or even better have a picture of) the outlet(s) in the cabins? I need to bring some chargers with me....

Normally ships only have one outlet by the desk but I think the Anthem has two?

thanks.

Hi, I haven't got a photo of the sockets but there are 2 US and 1 European socket at the desk with a further US socket at one side of the bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, I haven't got a photo of the sockets but there are 2 US and 1 European socket at the desk with a further US socket at one side of the bed.

Actually I have got a picture:

a3d50143c2ae487c46fab4460fbf05d1.jpg

What an absolutely brilliant live blog!

We were on the TA with you, and it was so nice to read through your blog and remember the days.

I am VERY disappointed to hear that the tea service has been removed from the cabins! I made tea every night and it was so nice to have that there. I wonder why they took them out? I wonder if we can request one for the cabin once onboard.

You had a different All Access Tour than we did. We didn't get lanyards either. Ours was truncated a bit--we had to do the engine control room and the bridge on a seperate day due to the power outage and the high seas.

Kudos on the outstanding photos! My iPhone 6S didn't do nearly as well, especialy on the shots of the Statue of Liberty.

Thanks once again for a wonderful write up!

• 2 weeks later...
it would be good if the IQ app let you know when your room was ready to access on the first day.....

Cabins are all ready at the same time, generally 1pm. They wouldn't want to open up the corridors to people if all cabins weren't ready because you'd have people going there before their cabins were ready.

For all those following and aware of next cruise on Harmony of the Seas, based on withdrawals from being on the ship, we have now made what was a 4 day cruise into a 7 by also adding the next 3 night cruise on :)

At least it will give us much more time to sample all of the restaurants. The only thing what worries is we have set standards high so far with Anthem and hopefully Harmony so if we do book another cruise, as we are planning to later in the year but to somewhere warmer, we hope we haven't set ourselves up for disappointment.

For all those following and aware of next cruise on Harmony of the Seas, based on withdrawals from being on the ship, we have now made what was a 4 day cruise into a 7 by also adding the next 3 night cruise on :)

At least it will give us much more time to sample all of the restaurants. The only thing what worries is we have set standards high so far with Anthem and hopefully Harmony so if we do book another cruise, as we are planning to later in the year but to somewhere warmer, we hope we haven't set ourselves up for disappointment.

Did you get the new 4K video camera? Am interested in how you like it.

Edited by Psych Cruiser
Spelling

Did you get the new 4K video camera? Am interested in how you like it.

Hi Psych Cruiser

Yes we managed to get one about a week after we got back. It's a DJI Osmo, I've not had chance to test it out properly but it seems great. The stabilised camera is brilliant as you can walk along, even up stairs and still get a perfectly smooth shot. The internal microphone is poor though so have a purchased a lapel mic which improves the audio significantly. We are also going to get another external mic for wide shots.

We're off to London next weekend so will be able to test it out fully then including in Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I had previously said I had taken pictures of the ship and would upload and also committed to uploading to my blog site, which until now I had not finished.

However, all the blog posts per day are now in logical order on:

http://www.BourkeBlogs.com

I have also uploaded a very picture heavy post with a number of pictures I had never included on this blog:

http://www.bourkeblogs.com/royal-caribbean-anthem-of-the-seas-transatlantic-ship-in-pictures/

The next cruise blog will be on the inaugural Harmony in May, but if any of you like live travel blogs, I shall be blogging our trip to Singapore, New Zealand and Hong Kong in a couple of weeks time. If you want to follow this you can do so at:

http://BourkeBlogs.com

http://www.facebook.com/BourkeBlogs

Twitter: @BourkeBlogs

Thanks again to everyone who supported this blog throughout the cruise. It's really inspired me to do a lot more travel blogging.

Edited by CruisenovicesUK
hyperlinks

• 2 months later...
Hi Psych Cruiser

Yes we managed to get one about a week after we got back. It's a DJI Osmo, I've not had chance to test it out properly but it seems great. The stabilised camera is brilliant as you can walk along, even up stairs and still get a perfectly smooth shot. The internal microphone is poor though so have a purchased a lapel mic which improves the audio significantly. We are also going to get another external mic for wide shots.

We're off to London next weekend so will be able to test it out fully then including in Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.

Are you still loving the DJI Osmo? Getting ready to purchase one.

They are now offering a free external mic with the purchase.

Thank you,

Dave & Lisa

Are you still loving the DJI Osmo? Getting ready to purchase one.

They are now offering a free external mic with the purchase.

Thank you,

Dave & Lisa

Hi Dave & Lisa

Yes we are still loving it, it's a great piece of kit.

The internal mic is rubbish so we had previously bought an external lapel mic and am about to buy a Rode videomicro for it as well. I think the microphone you get with it is the fleximic, which I haven't used but I imagine will be a vast improvement on the internal mic.

If you do get one, I would recommend at least another couple of spare batteries as they realistically only last around 40 minutes each. I bought a small Peli case which is ideal for the spare batteries and memory cards.

A couple of other bits which are handy are the car mount which allowed us to get a couple of great time lapses, the straight extension mount and the universal mount.

There are a few videos I have uploaded to YouTube, the one from Leicester Square was the first time I used it and you can see how smooth it is.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDAdNp6royMlzwDZ6H4DZw

Hi Dave & Lisa

Yes we are still loving it, it's a great piece of kit.

The internal mic is rubbish so we had previously bought an external lapel mic and am about to buy a Rode videomicro for it as well. I think the microphone you get with it is the fleximic, which I haven't used but I imagine will be a vast improvement on the internal mic.

If you do get one, I would recommend at least another couple of spare batteries as they realistically only last around 40 minutes each. I bought a small Peli case which is ideal for the spare batteries and memory cards.

A couple of other bits which are handy are the car mount which allowed us to get a couple of great time lapses, the straight extension mount and the universal mount.

There are a few videos I have uploaded to YouTube, the one from Leicester Square was the first time I used it and you can see how smooth it is.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDAdNp6royMlzwDZ6H4DZw

GREAT. That was amazing. Thank you for all the advice. We are going on the Allure of the Seas for 5 weeks and then the Oasis of the Seas for 2 weeks. I want to practice with the video before we go.