Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

What wonderful posts!

I've a question that I have not seen asked yet (unless I didn't go back enough).

Like other ships I've been on, is there only one outlet on the Anthem? With multiple devices that need charging, it does get annoying to have to 'take turns' charging something.

Thanks. I've about 40 days before we sail and looking forward to it.

There are 2 US outlets at the desk and on European. There is also a further US socket next to the bed.

We always carry a USB charger which has 5 USB outlets which charge at high speed but only requires one socket. If you have a lot of tech to charge it's a great way of doing it

Welcome to the US,

Just finished watching you all come into the NY harbor.

Anthem looks great. Can't wait to sail on her.

Thank you for the fantastic job you have done on this

review and photos. We really enjoyed it.

Enjoy New York city and safe travels going back home.

We stopped at the Statue of Liberty, the Captain has turned the boat round and we are now sailing back down towards port.

563b7ac6214e688c786fcbbeb348345e.jpg

dd8d78a7b4a17d4717a2f221fd8d77a3.jpg

The North Star has been and is still up, which looks great illuminated. Helicopters have been flying over the boat, which I would assume is to take photos.

The top decks are full of people and it has been a great atmosphere.

Thought we would have a cheeky drink [emoji1]

5d116b1c0c64b147b847492d776a73a3.jpg

We are now just turning to dock and will be moored on the starboard side.

The Windjammer is opening at 5am for breakfast today. Our departure time slot is 7am. It seemed very odd packing last night as its the only holiday we have done where you have to pack your cases the day before you leave.

Just because the cruise is over it doesn't mean I will stop posting. I have still got the behind the scenes tour to finish and a lot of other pictures and info to upload, so please do keep following.

I am hoping by then end of the weekend most content will be uploaded.

I'll also keep updating while we are in New York over the next couple of days. Although not cruise related I think it will finish the story off nicely. Fortunately my UK mobile package allows free data roaming in the USA which will be great.

Thanks again to everyone for all your fantastic comments and sailing along with us. It's the first time I've blogged to this level and am amazed by the level of interest and number of views this thread has had. I've loved doing it and has been a great part of our adventure.

For those of you with a cruise booked on Anthem you will have a great time, it is a fantastic ship.

Also if your interested in Harmony of the Seas I will be blogging that on the first 4 night cruise from Southampton. We had booked that before coming on here so good job we have enjoyed cruising, I certainly don't think this will be our last. We would even do another a Transatlantic, despite the weather.

If anyone has just picked this thread up and has any questions let me know. Even if we're not on the boat we can probably still answen

Quick question: Is there any way you can snap a few photos on your iPhone 6 Plus, in the regular vertical position, of the ship after you disembark? I'm looking for a new lock screen wallpaper for my 6+ of the Anthem, and can't find anything out there on the internet right now.

Greatly appreciate it!

Quick question: Is there any way you can snap a few photos on your iPhone 6 Plus, in the regular vertical position, of the ship after you disembark? I'm looking for a new lock screen wallpaper for my 6+ of the Anthem, and can't find anything out there on the internet right now.

Greatly appreciate it!

We will endeavour to get this for you [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our final day

This morning I managed to go on iFly again after a wait of about 40 minutes which I didn't think was too bad at all.

This was great again and was definitely worth the wait.

I'm not very good at this but here is the video:

We also picked up our photos from yesterday

Wow, what a great video. Didn't know that iFly took skill , but it sure looks like it in the video by being able to balance (I'm sure it's easy to flip over?) and get yourself up. What fun for the guy working there. Thanks for sharing.

Loving your photos!

Add me to the group. Your blog was fantastic. We have some friends who made the voyage with you. It was fun following along on your adventure, and keeping tabs on how it was going in general for them. We have Harmony booked in 2017 so I will watch with great interest for your blog from your upcoming Harmony cruise.

Great job. Thanks for letting us "cruise" with you.

Thanks for sharing your journey crossing the Atlantic Ocean on the Anthem with us. I enjoyed it.

Since you will be spending sometime in NYC I just wanted to let you know if you want to see the Statue of Liberty in daylight there is a FREE commuter ferry that runs from lower Manhattan to Staten Island that passes pretty close to the Statue of Liberty. You will also be able to get a view of lower Manhattan.

The ride takes about 25 minutes each way. The ferry will be less crowded in late morning and early afternoon after everyone is done commuting to/from work.

If you are planning a visit to the 911 Memorial the walk is ¾ of a mile to the ferry terminal.

The weather the next few days in going to be unseasonable warm…perfect for a quick ferry ride.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday in NYC.

On behalf of myself and all the others that have enjoyed and watched patiently each morning for your brilliant coverage and photo's and video's.

I am not really sure how you were able to enjoy the cruise with all the time you took to do this blog. I think you should become a travel writer for Royal Caribbean, what a real asset you were to them for the coverage of your TA.

Now hopefully you can enjoy some of New York and have a safe and enjoyable time, and a safe trip back home.

Awesome! Thanks a bunch!

Hi

Sorry we can't get anywhere near for photos. We tried in Southampton but couldn't get near so we thought we might be able to get some here but unfortunately it's again all restricted which is probably why there aren't any online as you can't get them. We're disappointed that we haven't been able to get any.

We have taken these (realise they are the wrong way round for you but with portrait orientation we would struggle to get anything like, from the distance from the boat.

5806e9215d6d3a408876d04788baba56.jpg

b486f881369189151f8d32896a1aedf4.jpg

9e18274705961634fd9029a63bfffa72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk