'Designated Super Premium' brands

NCLfamily

Are not included in the UBP according to the terms. However on looking at photos of the new Escape menus, there are 4 levels for spirits.

CALL, PREMIUM, SUPER PREMIUM AND ULTRA PREMIUM

Now take Glenfiddich for instance. Listed in the super premium section and priced at $9.95. So according to the terms I cannot get this on the UBP. But the UBP keeps referring to a $15 ceiling on drinks.

Are the terms outdated and need reworded to say that Ultra Premium is not included?

Thanks

Edited by NCLfamily

Are not included in the UBP according to the terms. However on looking at photos of the new Escape menus, there are 4 levels for spirits.

CALL, PREMIUM, SUPER PREMIUM AND ULTRA PREMIUM

Now take Glenfiddich for instance. Listed in the super premium section and priced at $9.95. So according to the terms I cannot get this on the UBP. But the UBP keeps referring to a $15 ceiling on drinks.

Are the terms outdated and need reworded to say that Ultra Premium is not included?

Thanks

I am just off the Dawn, and everything up to $15 was included. I ordered Don Julio 1942 several times, and that definitely qualifies as an ultra-premium. I did see one guy order one of the Johnny Walkers (I forget the color) and he was told it would be about $3 additional, so they were charging just the overage if you ordered something over $15.

I was on the Getaway in September, and drank Glenfiddich and soda. It was covered with the UBP, and there are very few drinks not covered by the UBP.

If my DH read that, he would have a stroke! :D

I was on the Getaway in September, and drank Glenfiddich and soda.
:eek:

That statement drove me to drink!! I had to get out my bottle of Glenfiddich and have a "wee dram". :D

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

:eek:

That statement drove me to drink!! I had to get out my bottle of Glenfiddich and have a "wee dram". :D

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

I was glad to see NCL had Glenfiddich as their range of Malts isn't the best.

I'm a little disappointed in the whiskey selection:-( Hubby and I are huge fans of Islay whiskeys and I haven't seen any listed! Oh well we are off to Scotland for Christmas and Hogmanay so we will have to wait until then!;)

Whisky. No E when you're talking about the real thing [emoji6]

I'm a little disappointed in the whiskey selection:-( Hubby and I are huge fans of Islay whiskeys and I haven't seen any listed! Oh well we are off to Scotland for Christmas and Hogmanay so we will have to wait until then!;)

Yeah, I'm honestly kind of surprised that their selection isn't better. I'm fine with the usuals, but would love to be able to get some different ones from time to time.

I am just off the Dawn, and everything up to $15 was included. I ordered Don Julio 1942 several times, and that definitely qualifies as an ultra-premium. I did see one guy order one of the Johnny Walkers (I forget the color) and he was told it would be about $3 additional, so they were charging just the overage if you ordered something over $15.

Thank you for the info. We're on the Dawn in a little over a month and I was curious about this.

Good choice in tequila btw. :cool:

I wonder if they have Crown Royal - Canadian Rye.

Personally, being a Single Malt Scotch drinker, I wouldn't touch the stuff. :D

However the Duty Free shop on board has lots of offers (and a tasting) on CR throughout the cruise so I assume that NCL has an arrangement with the owners of CR. I would also assume that they offer it in the bars.

Mike