World Wine Tour Aboard X

Bo1953

Hello all, we will be on Silly in Feb 2016. Has anyone taken the World Wine Tour on any X sailing for that matters.

What is the cost and how long does it usually last? When is it usually given? I understand that it will vary from ship to ship.

TIA - bo1953

Have done it twice now, think it was $25 pp. Lasted about 1.5 hours (depending on how good the wines on offer are [emoji485][emoji2]). They have a red and white each from 6 or so countries. On our last one we had samplings from USA, FRANCE, ITALY, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND. You were welcome to have as many 'tastes' as you like and there was a large cheese and fruit assortment on offer.

Am not sure the quality of the wines was anything special. The Aussie wines (I'm an Aussie!) was woeful, but on the other hand my mate and I both loved the US Red wine and often asked for it in the MDR during the cruise.

Both times it was held mid afternoon on a sea day in the first few days of the cruise, but yes expect it will vary as is dependant on the head sommeliers and how they have scheduled the various tastings offered throughout the cruise.

Was a bit of fun and a great way to meet and mingle with like minded cruisers [emoji485][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have taken the WW tour twice, once on the Silhouette and once on Reflection, planning on doing it again on my upcoming cruise. The cost both times was $22.00 plus gratuities. Yes, there are 12 wines in total, red and white equal. You get to taste and score the wines from various countries. It's a great deal, better than any wine tasting event I've had at home. On the Silhouette two years ago, they offered an additional tour held on one of the open decks outdoors as we were entering the port of San Juan. I did not do it but wish I had, so planning on it next time if its offered. Great chance to mingle and meet new people in a small group and lots of opportunity to talk to the Sommelier on a one on one. Highly recommended. :)

Have done it twice now, think it was $25 pp. Lasted about 1.5 hours (depending on how good the wines on offer are [emoji485][emoji2]). They have a red and white each from 6 or so countries. On our last one we had samplings from USA, FRANCE, ITALY, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA and NEW ZEALAND. You were welcome to have as many 'tastes' as you like and there was a large cheese and fruit assortment on offer.

Am not sure the quality of the wines was anything special. The Aussie wines (I'm an Aussie!) was woeful, but on the other hand my mate and I both loved the US Red wine and often asked for it in the MDR during the cruise.

Both times it was held mid afternoon on a sea day in the first few days of the cruise, but yes expect it will vary as is dependant on the head sommeliers and how they have scheduled the various tastings offered throughout the cruise.

Was a bit of fun and a great way to meet and mingle with like minded cruisers [emoji485][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Celebrity does a great job on their wine events - better than we have experienced on any other line - and I think at a fair price. If you are interested, ask your wine steward the first night since he or she can reserve a spot for you. You'll find more such events offered on cruises with a lot of sea days than on port-intensive cruises.

We did this on the Infinity during our Panama Canal cruise a month ago. The cost was a little over $20 PP. There were six different wine regions represented with four wines each. A good mix of red and white. Some good and some OK.

Stop by Cellermasters and pick up a card for all the wine events.

I have always thought that the "wine around the world" event was probably the best value if you want to try a bunch of so-so wines in a relatively short period of time. It is not the greatest wine nor the worst. There are folks to talk to about the wines and the pours typically get larger as the event starts to close down.

I forgot to mention on my earlier post, one of the white's was a Pouilly Fuisse, chardonnay from France which I really enjoyed. The sommelier said it sells on the ship for $50 a bottle, no wonder I liked it so much. I think I drank nearly two full glasses. LOL.

... for your input and I will definitely ask about this upon our embarkation..

We did this wine event on our cruise on solstice and loved it. Fantastic value and gives you some great wine samples that you can continue to order throughout the cruise.

Fantastic value, hoping this is on offer for our next cruise.

Ask the Somellier for a list of all the wine events on offer for your cruise. They will give you a list of everything on offer, including pricing and times, and you can prebook so you don't miss out.

It was offered on the first sea day of my cruise two years ago. They did a second tour which I did not attend. It took place on the lawn outside as we were sailing into San Juan. If its offered on my upcoming cruise I will take it as all the wines were Old World. Nice way to sample at a great price.

Our was on one of the first sea days.