Difference in A1 & A2 on Silouhette

txflood33

Hi gang....looking to book our next cruise to Scandinavia & Russia for 2017....was told over the phone that we have enough Captain's Club points for a free upgrade.

We already planned on booking Aqua class. She said we could get the A2 room at the A1 price....or whatever is considered the upgrade. What is the difference in the rooms?

We've only been on 1 X cruise and loved it. Is it worth using these points for something like this or better to save them for what's behind door #2 down the road?

Also...anyone have any cool info for this itinerary? :D Also, how is the Silhouette compared to the Reflection?

thanks in advance

Hi gang....looking to book our next cruise to Scandinavia & Russia for 2017....was told over the phone that we have enough Captain's Club points for a free upgrade.

We already planned on booking Aqua class. She said we could get the A2 room at the A1 price....or whatever is considered the upgrade. What is the difference in the rooms?

We've only been on 1 X cruise and loved it. Is it worth using these points for something like this or better to save them for what's behind door #2 down the road?

Also...anyone have any cool info for this itinerary? :D Also, how is the Silhouette compared to the Reflection?

thanks in advance

We've were on the Sil about 4 years ago and will be going on B2Bs in January. Reflection is a sister ship and should be almost identical.

The difference between an A1 and A2 would only be the location. One might be more mid-ship than the other.

The upgrade is not something related to points that you use up. As a Captain's Club member, you are always entitled to an upgrade as long as the next level is available within your category. On second thought, I thought the upgrade was based on Captain's Club status, Select, Elite, etc. If you have only cruised X once, I doubt if you are in any of the Elite statuses. (Unless, you have points from Royal Carib or Azamara).

Been on the Silhouette twice..both times A2.....We prefer being in the aft part of the ship (cabins 1648 and 1650), find it very quiet! Some of the A1 cabins are under some noisier areas, such as the pool and gym, so 1 has to watch out for those area. Check out the CABIN sticky at the top of the main celebrity page.

Look at the deck plans. All Aquaclass cabins on Sillie are on deck 11, and all the A1s are under the pool area -- this can be noisy when the crew move the loungers to swab the deck. I would only be willing to book an A2 -- in the range of 1621-1650, as these are all surrounded by cabins below and above. The lowest numbers are closest to midship and will have the smoothest ride -- also closest to the elevators for access. [iMHO Celebrity should change the aft verandas on that deck -- 1670-1676 -- to Aquaclass. Surely there's room for 10 more people in Blu, and these would automatically become the most desirable A1s of all!]

In my opinion the best A1 cabins are the ones with the large slanted balconies on the hump. We have been in 1610 and have just booked 1605 the same cabin on the opposite side on the Silhouette for April using the capt club upgrade perk.

If you could get either of these or the ones next door that would be a good choice.

As long as you have completed one Celebrity cruise and have a Captain's Club number you qualify for a one category upgrade. There are a few exclusions, though:

You can't upgrade to a different category (an example is upgrading from a veranda to a Concierge cabin

You can't upgrade suites

You can't upgrade from a C2 to a C1

I've only accepted the upgrade from A2 to A1 once, and that's because one of the hump cabins with the larger balcony was available (1610). I have an upcoming cruise booked in a veranda cabin where I also refused the upgrade from 2C to 2B. The decision was again based on balcony size. M-Class ships have 16 2C cabins that have oversized balconies so I chose not to "upgrade" to a smaller one.

In my opinion the best A1 cabins are the ones with the large slanted balconies on the hump. We have been in 1610 and have just booked 1605 the same cabin on the opposite side on the Silhouette for April using the capt club upgrade perk.

If you could get either of these or the ones next door that would be a good choice.

We like these as well for location and better balcony, but they can be noisy with deck parties at the pool....worse on M ships...actually moved our cabin on Connie b/c of the loud music, and vibrations from dj, dancing zumba etc...

We enjoyed use of the Relaxation Room on our Transatlantic on the Silhouette, an amenity for Aqua class passengers, and appreciated being in an A2 pretty far forward (1533, as I recall) in order to access the Relaxation Room easily.

Hi gang....looking to book our next cruise to Scandinavia & Russia for 2017....

Also...anyone have any cool info for this itinerary? :D thanks in advance

Here is the link to our Baltic cruise from Southampton on Eclipse in July 2015.

Although a different embarkation port, I think the majority of ports will be similar.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245421

We used SPB for our tours in St Petersburg, they were professionally led and well worth the money.

Edited by upwarduk

We like these as well for location and better balcony, but they can be noisy with deck parties at the pool....worse on M ships...actually moved our cabin on Connie b/c of the loud music, and vibrations from dj, dancing zumba etc...

I agree it can be a trade off if you want one of the larger balconies but as our next cruise on the Silhouette is Scandinavia in April, I don't expect there to be many pool parties!