superbowl sunday

We on the Breeze for the last Super Bowl. They showed the game in the show lounge and on the Lido deck. Not sure about the lounges. There was a tailgate party in the the show lounge with snacks, hot dogs, etc. Elegant night was moved to the following night so we could participate in both. They also had noisemakers and other party items. We had a great time and wish we were doing again this year.

Edited by Valor2005

https://help.carnival.com/app/answer...ating-holidays

Super Bowl Sunday

When: February 7, 2016 and February 5, 2017

The game (as well as pre-show) is shown in various locations around the ship. The main venue will be inside the main show lounge and/or on the Lido Deck, at Carnival's Seaside Theatre (featured on select ships). Bar service will be available as well as complimentary snacks throughout the game.

VIP Seating Challenge

‘Sailgating’ Games (Ladder Toss, Washer Toss and Bean Bag)

EA Sports Bar pool (featured on select ships)

NFL Trivia/Prediction Challenge/Sport Challenges

Specialty cocktails (named after winning teams)

Sounds fun!! :D

I was on the Elation during the Super Bowl. The game was played on big screen in the main show lounge, with pre-game contests on stage and a buffet of complimentary football snacks, New Orleans-style, including shrimp, in the lounge entryway. People started claiming seats very early, of course. The game was also shown on the televisions throughout the Lido deck and pretty much all over the ship, including a larger TV in the lounge outside the comedy club. I'm more of a college football fan (especially since my state's NFL team is a perennial disappointment :rolleyes:), so I actually saw the end of the game on that TV after leaving the comedy show, where the poor comedian made fun of all of us for making him miss the game.

Interested to know this as well. We are on the same sailing. I sailed on Super Bowl Sunday several years ago, I don't remember specifics but we didn't have a problem finding somewhere to watch the game.

Grab a lounger early for the game if u wanna watch outside. Sports bars will be packed.

Grab a lounger early for the game if u wanna watch outside. Sports bars will be packed.

The Elation doesn't have an outdoor big screen, and the Lido televisions are pretty small, although I do remember being able to hear the sound from the game all over Lido. If you are a big Super Bowl fan, your best bet is to snag a good seat in the main lounge very early and watch all the pre-game entertainment or claim a spot in front of the big TV outside the comedy club. There's also a TV behind the bar in the Lido buffet area, and various other places.

• 1 month later...

Older thread, but can anyone confirm if there will be tv's brought out on the Lido deck to show the big game. I know the normal places for tv's on the Fantasy Class ships. I would rather see the game on Lido, not so much in the main show lounge.

We will be on the Ecstasy on her first cruise out of Charleston SC for the Superbowl. Will be at sea (first day at sea) and most likely the main lounge will be packed with fans. Not sure I can sit starting at what Noon? Guess I will catch it somewhere though for sure.

I hope to be watching my PACKERS on the big screen on the Splendor :D :D one of my bucket list items was to be on a cruise superbowl Sunday Cant wait !!! ~~!!~~

*Like* we are on the Glory for the Super Bowl - no matter who is playing, I will have my green and gold on :D