Princess: More like Celebrity or P&O?

Fjord4Fun

We've sailed on both Celebrity and P&O. Loved Celebrity, less enamoured with P&O. Now thinking about a Princess Cruise (Emerald) as we like the itinerary, but don't want to suffer the disappointment if it turns out more like her sister company. Any comments from cruisers who have sailed with all three?

Edited by Fjord4Fun

We've cruised extensively on both Princess (67 nights) and Celebrity (52 nights) and find them to be much more alike than different. Each has its pros & cons, but we've never had major complaints about either. Never been on P&O, so can't compare it, or the Emerald - maybe that ship is an exception to our experience of Princess quality. Our enjoyment of a cruise depends much more on the itinerary and, to some extent, the size/design of the ship than it does on the cruise line itself. Go expecting the best and don't let the small stuff ruin your cruise!

Edited by Kartgv

Princess is better than PO UK or PO Australia. I have just done a Princess cruise, followed by a PO UK cruise and Princess was superior. I also think that Princess does food better than RCL or Celebrity (but food is a very subjective matter). I think the main thing is you need to try out the line for yourself.

Edited by icat2000