Embarkation-NCL Escape Miami

Mikeyb78

I am sailing out of Miami for the first time in January. Historically, what time have they allowed passengers to begin boarding?

Your edocs will have a printed boarding time of 12 noon. They will start boardin around 11:30. You board in groups based on your arrival time. The boarding goes pretty quickly.

Advice: show up early (10:30ish) to help avoid crowds. The Port of Miami is well organized and NCL uses two terminals (B and C) for large ships like the Escape. Check your edocs and use the terminal listed.

You and 4000+ of your newest friends will be checking in and getting lunch. Getting on board early allows you to get a table in the Garden Cafe buffer or out on deck. The MDR will start seated lunches around noon. We normally go for the MDR for our first of many great meals for the week.

• 3 weeks later...
Your edocs will have a printed boarding time of 12 noon. They will start boardin around 11:30. You board in groups based on your arrival time. The boarding goes pretty quickly.

Advice: show up early (10:30ish) to help avoid crowds. The Port of Miami is well organized and NCL uses two terminals (B and C) for large ships like the Escape. Check your edocs and use the terminal listed.

I notice you mention the two terminals B & C for embarkation. I have checked my edocs and it doesn't have a terminal listed. Do you know where I can find this info?

TIA.

I notice you mention the two terminals B & C for embarkation. I have checked my edocs and it doesn't have a terminal listed. Do you know where I can find this info?

According to other mentions about the same "problem", you probably will need to reprint your eDocs. They should have the terminal clearly marked in them (this only applies to megaships sailing from Miami port).

Edited by Demonyte

So,,, that is a very interesting question.

At the Miami terminal, there will be large posters at the drop off points saying "Terminal C for Rooms on Decks 4,8,10,12,14,16,18" and "Terminal B for Rooms on Decks 5,9,11,13,15,17,19". The terminals are probably a 5 minute walk from one to the other.

Our edocs did not have the terminal letter identified,,,, Then, the day before sailing, there was a "panic" robo call from NCL that went to every telephone number they had for us saying "Please reprint your edocs to see what terminal to go to". Many had already left for Miami. We were traveling on day of cruise, so we were able to reprint before leaving. So,,, you may get a notice or robo call to reprint in the future.

ec57605725003add40cd519bb29161f6.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

I actually want to board on the later side. I have a room at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and wouldn't mind boarding the ship at the stated 2pm deadline. Are crowds done boarding by then?

Last year I took my first and only 3 night cruise - I boarded 1 hour prior to departure and it seems like I was the only person who did that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
anyone know this answer

I was asked for an arrival time when i did my docs and was given arrive terminal between 9:30-10 am

anyone else and is this just an ncl thing to space arrivals

I also have a 9:30-10:00 PAT and was wondering about embarkation. So, will we be waiting outside until the doors open at 10:30?

are there any experienced cruisers out there that can answer this thread ? thanks

This is the time you can show up to check in. You then sit in the waiting area until boarding begins about1130. If you are in no rush to board you can come anytime. Usually after 1230ish there is little to no line.

My brother is going with us in a different cabin on an even deck, we are on an odd deck. Can we all check-in together or are we going to have to each go to a different terminal?

In order to avoid any delays you all need to go to your designated terminals, otherwise you need to wait for a poor terminal worker to run to get the missing keycard from another terminal which causes delays for all.

My brother is going with us in a different cabin on an even deck, we are on an odd deck. Can we all check-in together or are we going to have to each go to a different terminal?

If the security person at the door is doing their job, they will not let you enter the wrong terminal. Keys are only in one terminal.

In order to avoid any delays you all need to go to your designated terminals, otherwise you need to wait for a poor terminal worker to run to get the missing keycard from another terminal which causes delays for all.

If the security person at the door is doing their job, they will not let you enter the wrong terminal. Keys are only in one terminal.

Thanks. We will do separate then and meet up on the ship. I don't want to hold other people up.

Do all adults have check in and board together. We have four adults in a haven suite.

No. Everyone can check in separately, for making things smoother it is advised that all parties have eDocs printed.

• 4 months later...