Address for the port in NY for the GEM

Mr and Mrs C

I am posting this knowing I will look like a complete idiot, and will send New Yorkers into gales of laughter, but if you are driving and using a GPS, make absolutely sure you have put in the zip code. The first time we drove to the port, coming from Philly, I just put in the address, and knew something was very very wrong when I looked up and saw we were on heading onto a bridge, instead of a tunnel, and realized my husband was blindly following the GPS directions. Turns out there is also a 711 12th Ave in Brooklyn and that is where it was taking us. Took us 1.5 hours to circle back to the port, given some parade, and a marathon and general traffic issues........ Thank god we had planned to arrive early or we would have been in big trouble....

Look for12th ave and 50th street or the Intrepid air and space museum, the old Intrepid aircraft carrier. It's right there. It spans around five blocks. Also pier 88 or 90 Hudson river is where NCL ships dock.

Edited by hypercafe

We are flying into NYC for cruise on Gem. What airport should we fly into?

Thanks!

LGA is closest to Manhattan, but JFK in my opinion is the better airport, which one gives you the best air fare? A taxi from JFK will cost a bit more:

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=NY&from=LaGuardia+Airport+%28LGA%29&to=Intrepid+Sea%2C+Air+%26+Space+Museum

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=NY&from=John+F.+Kennedy+International+Airport+%28JFK%29&to=Intrepid+Sea%2C+Air+%26+Space+Museum

We are flying into NYC for cruise on Gem. What airport should we fly into?

Thanks!

You can fly into EWR, JFK or LGA. You need to research airfares and schedules for all three. Also if you're flying in a day or more prior to the cruise the availability and price of hotels will be a factor. In addition transportation costs and options vary widely from airport to airport.