What will the Harmony of the Seas show be?

jaydc2

We just booked tickets for Dirty Dancing in March. San Francisco usually has shows that were originally on Broadway, but whatever.

I think Jersey Boys would be a great choice! I never knew that many songs were from FV & the 4 Seasons.

Grease would also be a fun choice! :D

Dirty Dancing's has a West End show but just a US tour, the plans for it to open on Broadway seemed to have fallen through as no Broadway dates have been announced.

The newest clue....

#harmonyshowclues I like the ideas I'm seeing. The show/story also needs to be easy to abridge to 90/100 mins and easy-ish to cast.[emoji298]️[emoji469]

It's Grease... I'm happy with that!

We would love to see Grease as the theater production on the Harmony!

We have enjoyed the Grease sing along version of the movie in the Aqua theater on the Allure and Oasis; it wouldn't surprise me if they move it to the theater's stage.:D

"Greased Lightning" is a song from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Starlight Express". And it is about a big train race. :p

It is actually one of my favorite musicals, but since it involves roller skating (to simulate trains)....I think it is probably an unlikely choice. :D

"Greased Lightning" is a song from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Starlight Express". And it is about a big train race. :p

It is actually one of my favorite musicals, but since it involves roller skating (to simulate trains)....I think it is probably an unlikely choice. :D

Also a song from grease.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease:_The_Original_Soundtrack_from_the_Motion_Picture

Don't see it listed as a song from Starlight Express,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlight_Express

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Okay. Let me check my Ipod. If you are all going to be nit picky, I will just unsubscribe. I am quite the fan of Broadway (or not) musicals. I was just speculating, as everyone else is. :rolleyes:

Okay. It's not called that.:rolleyes: Fine. Sea Ya! :D

Edited by Coralc

That clue couldn't be any more obvious - the lightning bolt is greased lightening and the flag represents the race towards the end of the movie!

Not necessarily.

The lightning bolt could represent Elektra from Starlight Express as it is a central part of the story line.

The checkered flag could represent the races.

The Royal Theater could be engineered to have the cast race through the audience as in the original production, or use a jumbo screen to simulate the races as in the touring production.

The touring production was only 1.5 hours.

Coupled with the fact that Andrew Lloyd Webber likes to package his shows together and "Cats" and "Tell me on a Sunday" have been on Royal ships, Starlight Express is a real possibilty

-Michael

Not necessarily.

The lightning bolt could represent Elektra from Starlight Express as it is a central part of the story line.

The Royal Theater could be engineered to have the cast race through the audience as in the original production, or use a jumbo screen to simulate the races as in the touring production.

Coupled with the fact that Andrew Lloyd Webber likes to package his shows together and "Cats" and "Tell me on a Sunday" have been on Royal ships, Starlight Express is a real possibilty

-Michael

Ah you could be right! let's wait and see :) Half the fun is the speculation though, eh? :)

Edited by rodenboy

Not necessarily.

-Michael

Thank you Michael. :D I lied, I didn't unsubscribe yet. We saw Starlight Express in a dedicated theater with the ramps through the audience, down the aisles and onstage. It was absolutely awesome! Just a wonderful experience. :D

I don't think that they could lock the passengers into their rows, as they do in the original.

They could do it with the videos. I would love it if they did. But I think it is still an unlikely choice. :)

Thank you Michael. :D I lied, I didn't unsubscribe yet. We saw Starlight Express in a dedicated theater with the ramps through the audience, down the aisles and onstage. It was absolutely awesome! Just a wonderful experience. :D

I don't think that they could lock the passengers into their rows, as they do in the original.

They could do it with the videos. I would love it if they did. But I think it is still an unlikely choice. :)

Well, they do ask the audience to stay out of the rows during Cats since the cast often run up and down the rows, so that's always an option - of course it doesn't do much go when people don't listen - we saw one cast member held up for longer than they should have by somebody standing in the middle of the aisle getting their group together.