Inspiration & Imagination Dry Dock Schedules 2016

Surffish2285

Carnival Inspiration will have a Dry Dock January 2016, and Imagination September 2016. Both will receive Red Frog, Guys, and most of the other 2.0 upgrades as well as upgrades to the stabilizers and repairs to the Lido decks. Info was given during a behind the fun tour from the captain of the Inspiration, and carnival booking availability confirms the 2.5 week dry dock. Unfortunately there will not be a Steakhouse restaurant added.

SURFFISH, we are sailing on the Inspiration at Thanksgiving...Can you answer a couple of questions...What are the hours for the buffet and the deli? Is there a dining room open on embarkation day? Thanks for the help.

The dining room is only open for dinner on embarkation day. The deli and pizza are 24 hours. The buffet hours vary based on the day, but I think the latest it's open is 10:30pm except on the Mexico day when they have a 11pm-1:30am Mexican buffet and deck party.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh I hope this is correct.

We did Behind the Fun in January and were emphatically and apologetically told NO plans for Guys on Imagination or Inspiration. We only asked about Guys, not the rest.

Hope they changed their minds and your info is updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnival Inspiration will have a Dry Dock January 2016, and Imagination September 2016. Both will receive Red Frog, Guys, and most of the other 2.0 upgrades as well as upgrades to the stabilizers and repairs to the Lido decks. Info was given during a behind the fun tour from the captain of the Inspiration, and carnival booking availability confirms the 2.5 week dry dock. Unfortunately there will not be a Steakhouse restaurant added.

Definitely would love to know what is meant by most other 2.0 upgrades. There are definitely some good ones I would love to see like the EA Sports Bar!

• 4 weeks later...
I received confirmation today that the imagination will receive the following upgrades in Sept:

Alchemy Bar

Blue iguana bar

Caribbean Rum Bar

Blue Iguana Cantina

Guys Burger Joint

Hope springs eternal, I will keep my fingers crossed for the EA sports bar

We've sailed these smaller ships a number of times and having these upgrades is pretty exciting. In fact, we've talked about taking a 3-day trip in the summer for DH's birthday. We don't normally cruise during this time because the prices go up so high and the cost of a 3-day just isn't worth it. But, to have these extras just might make me spring for it.

Would love to catch you onboard Fyree, this may be the summer I finally make it out on a west coast cruise, and a precruise with family in LA. Will probably choose Inspiration for the upgrades.

I hope you have a good time on your upcoming Miracle cruise! Do you plan on writing a photo review?

I don't think that you will see another EA Sports Bar. The last ships with sportsbars have been converted into Skybox Sports bars instead during drydock. The Vista will have Skybox as well. I think EA wanted more money than Carnival wanted to spend.

yeah Carnival is definitely not going to blow their bottom line on a sports bar. But I don't care what they call it as long as they finally put a sports bar in, I will be excited. Going back to fingers crossed:rolleyes:p

Are these ships good for a first time Carnival cruise? We are a Mid 40s couple looking to relax and not much into drinking.

Sailed these cruises many, many times. The three day cruises can be like a weekend in Vegas. But there are lots of quiet places around the ship. The nonSpring Break four dayers can be mellower.

Princess is still doing some short cruises out of San Pedro that are not as vibrant but they seem have a M-TH schedule.

Are these ships good for a first time Carnival cruise? We are a Mid 40s couple looking to relax and not much into drinking.

I would choose a four day, not on a long weekend. Or Princess if you don't want much in the way of activities during the day.

I'd highly recommend the winery tour if you decide to book one going to Ensenada. Worth every penny.

Yes, we have taken first-time cruisers on these ships and they can't wait to go back again. They are a great sampler cruise as well as a good one for people who just have a few days off.

We are in our 50s got married on Imagination in 2014 and are on her again in a few weeks. There is a lot to do besides drink. The piano bar is a nice place to hang out and you don't have to drink. I wouldn't do a 3 day cruise though, those are pretty much party atmosphere cruises. We do the Sunday thru Thursday cruise, less partying during the week and more of an older crowd, especially in the off season.