upsells if booked with TA

bnorris10

I've read accounts on here of it happening but since you are not allowed to mention ta it's anyone's guess who those ta's are.

Seems like most accounts I've read though are with people booked direct with NCL who get a lucky call or initiate a call asking for an up sell. If booked with a ta they own your booking so they need to call for you regarding any changes.

I mainly used a big box ta in the past but am now booked directly with NCL. Big box c used to give a better price, generous obc and special pricing on travel guard ins. I don't see the huge obc anymore and prices are same as NCL. They also don't have the deal with travel guard so not worth it to have a middle man for me.

It was quite frustrating dealing with the massive cruise cancellation/redeployment of over 1/3 of the fleet this summer. I felt like the ta did nothing to help me, notified me days after cruise cancelled... I guess after that I decided to be my own advocate and deal with NCL directly for potential upgrades, upsell or some really big mess like this summer.

It was quite frustrating dealing with the massive cruise cancellation/redeployment of over 1/3 of the fleet this summer. I felt like the ta did nothing to help me, notified me days after cruise cancelled... I guess after that I decided to be my own advocate and deal with NCL directly for potential upgrades, upsell or some really big mess like this summer.

That is quite reasonable train of thought. However I personally feel like paying about 10% premium for that kind of "insurance" on every possible cruise is wasted money - we have never had any problems with upgrades, price drops etc with our TA and upsells are rare anyways. That kind of problematic occurences ("big mess like this summer") do happen but still the chance of that happening multiple times to same customer is really low.

Edited by Demonyte

...with an internet TA

As usual I continue to watch availability...I do not expect them to.

I noticed a higher cabin available yesterday morning & called them. They called Norwegian while I was still on the phone they got back to me with the difference in price, I gave them the credit card....done.

Very painless. I have done this before. Sometimes I do not upgrade, I just want to change the location of my cabin within the same category.

I do the same thing. Call my TA, give them the cabin number & it is done at NO charge.