St Maarten - does Carnival and Royal port same place?

hartskys

We have an amazing opportunity for our December cruise on the Breeze. A couple family members will be on Royal Caribbean Allure and they will be in St Maarten the same day and time we are. Will both ships be at the same place so we can meet? Thanks:)

I believe there is only one pier in St. Maarten. It is long pier... one time when i was there, there were six ships docked alongside the pier, and number seven, a Disney ship, came in and tied down on the end...:D

We actually met some people, couples, on a ferry when we were in St. Thomas on our way to Trunk Bay. When we arrived in St. Maarten, we were docked, and in come a Celebrity ship. We were on the top deck, when i heard someone screaming our names and jumping up and down! It was the two wives.Of course, I did the same... we met off the ship and headed to Orient Bay... that was a fun cruise:D

Edited by cruzn buckeye

We have an amazing opportunity for our December cruise on the Breeze. A couple family members will be on Royal Caribbean Allure and they will be in St Maarten the same day and time we are. Will both ships be at the same place so we can meet? Thanks:)

Yes.

Here's the ship schedule for the port; select December and scroll down to '10-12'. Both ships are on the port schedule.

http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

Here's an image from their website: You can clearly see the Allure of the Seas, although no Carnival ship is in dock. The terminal is big enough to handle 6 mega-ships in addition to several smaller ones and private yachts etc. The cargo terminal is to the left (not visible).

csm_home1_7468728679.jpg

Edited by hirent

Yes, both ships will dock within a few meters of each other. Meeting up will not be an issue. I suggest selecting a time and a place such as near the info kiosk at the pier and then have fun.

Also, if you care to watch the planes come down over Maho Beach, Air France brings a big Airbus A340 at 2:55 p.m. on your port day.

The biggest lands the next day however; KLM flies in a Boeing 747 jumbo jet every Sunday, Tuesday & Friday at 12:35 p.m.

Edited by hirent

I hope someone can help me out. The itinerary for both the Breeze and Allure shows them being in St Maarten from 8am - 5pm but the ship schedule below for the port shows an hour difference? Does anyone happen to know why? :confused:

Edited by hartskys