What range of wines are available on the premium package by the glass in the MDR

dx052

I have a premium drinks package and would like to have a glass of wine with my meal, what are my options, is there a list online, I am assuming I can't have a glass of wine from a $150 bottle? On the celebrity website it says the amount you are allowed on a premium package is $13.00 if I have read this right?

I have a premium drinks package and would like to have a glass of wine with my meal, what are my options, is there a list online, I am assuming I can't have a glass of wine from a $150 bottle? On the celebrity website it says the amount you are allowed on a premium package is $13.00 if I have read this right?

I wouldn't get too hung up about what wine is or is not available on a particular cruise. Wines and vintages are likely to change according to supply and demand. Suffice to say there will be a range of wines and vintages available to you that should meet most of your needs.

The wine menu can vary depending on what part of the world the ship is in and availability, however we found quite a large amount of wines available in the main dining room to pick from, that was included in the premium package.

If you're really into your wine, you may want to have a look at the menu before dinner, duck into Cellarmasters and have a chat with the Somellier, let them know what you're planning on ordering that night, and they will be more than happy to send you off with a glass to suit your meal. Why not have one there before dinner and a glass for the dining room!!

Something I loved about having the premium package, was that the Somellier in the main dining room was always happy to prepare a wine match for you based on your courses, so every meal felt like an event.

Agreed....the Sommelier in the MDR is very helpful. I love the Premium drink package which allows me to have any wine (or other drink) above the stated price limit for the balance of the price. The Classic package requires one to pay the full price of the drink if it exceeds the stated limit.

Hope this helps....

We used to be wine cowards, sticking to a wine we knew rather than risking buying a bottle that was so so. It is great to be adventurous with the package, trying lots of different wines and if you don't like one well you can just try another!

We were concerned on our first cruise with a package that the wines may let it down but actually we now prefer the flexibility.

Have a great cruise!

Surprisingly the best Sommelier we had was in Silk Harvest, some excellent recommendations, not all of which were wine!