Allure of Seas Mediterranean Journey 11-22 Oct 15 with Lots of Pictures

transam84

We are from the UK and are also booked on harmony next year . Love your review - really detailed and interesting. We have visited all these ports before and have stayed in Sorrento and toured the Amalfi coast - it is one of the most beautiful places we have ever been to. These ports have so much to see that they definitely warrant a second visit and we were very keen to try Harmony. We are also staying in Rome for a few days pre cruise so practically repeating your experience! Currently trying to decide on private versus ship tours - had a couple of private tours this year while on anthem of the seas and we loved them - we are a party of 4 so they worked out great value. Thanks again for your great review.

We are from the UK and are also booked on harmony next year . Love your review - really detailed and interesting. We have visited all these ports before and have stayed in Sorrento and toured the Amalfi coast - it is one of the most beautiful places we have ever been to. These ports have so much to see that they definitely warrant a second visit and we were very keen to try Harmony. We are also staying in Rome for a few days pre cruise so practically repeating your experience! Currently trying to decide on private versus ship tours - had a couple of private tours this year while on anthem of the seas and we loved them - we are a party of 4 so they worked out great value. Thanks again for your great review.

Most welcome. We loved our private tours, particularly the one we took in Naples with Lello. Our driver and professional tour guide were outstanding. It was helpful to have a historian guide in Pompeii and our driver Mario was the best. He even made a special stop at a pastry shop in Naples and bought me pastry. This was obviously not a required or planned part of the tour. He was such a sweetie.

Awesome review. I was on the same cruise this year...one week after you. Your pictures brought back so many memories and one or two missed opportunities. I believe your private tours afforded those missed opportunities. We have pretty much the same pictures and the same recollections. I too REALLY enjoyed this cruise and I am wondering how to get back there without the loooooooong flight! But I will return. Thanks again. Wish I had the patience to write the way you do. [emoji2]

We were given an option to be dropped in town or return to ship. As beautiful as Barcelona is we were exhausted. We decided to go back to the ship. When we returned to the ship we immediately noticed the difference. No huge lines, or massive crowds. Seems the purple people had departed. Upon talking to others we realized we were not alone in our observations. Apparently a large company gave all there employees a free cruise. Nice deal and I mean no disrespect to anyone but it certainly made things interesting for a few days.

We went to the Boardwalk and ate at Sabor. The ship was quiet and it was a great way to spend the late afternoon. We both had quesadillas for lunch and I had churros for dessert and tom had a chimichanga. We both loved Sabor.

22368001829_4144654807.jpg

White Sangria, yummy

22529443836_c39042b2b2.jpg

They bring yummy chips and salsa

22368606699_9ef9753393.jpg

quesadillas

22529449986_fd1544084e.jpg

Dessert!

22541860522_aeeb87bae5.jpg

22368609789_cccd514002.jpg

My friend was on this ship from oct 11-18 and the purple people basically ruined the cruise for them. It was 3,500 purples from a company called Omni Life, and their behavior was abominable. My friends and their friends wrote a letter to the Pres detailing their horrid experience.

Apparently 4,000 were supposed to cruise from this company , but 500 people couldn't get the proper documentation from their countries to travel on this cruise

I am enjoying your review. We too just got back and were on the Vision of the Seas. We loved the MEDITERRANEAN

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friend was on this ship from oct 11-18 and the purple people basically ruined the cruise for them. It was 3,500 purples from a company called Omni Life, and their behavior was abominable. My friends and their friends wrote a letter to the Pres detailing their horrid experience.

Apparently 4,000 were supposed to cruise from this company , but 500 people couldn't get the proper documentation from their countries to travel on this cruise

I am enjoying your review. We too just got back and were on the Vision of the Seas. We loved the MEDITERRANEAN

I do agree the purple people were obnoxious. No offense to them, but they were loud and rude and took over the promenade. We did our best the first few days to steer clear. I'm sorry it ruined the cruise for some. We were fortunate to have a suite. We almost never eat in Windjammer, and honestly the only two places it was very annoying were elevators and promenade. We loved the concierge lounge and our deck. We were in port most days. I had no intention of letting obnoxious people ruin anything for me. If life gives me lemons I make lemonade. I saw my mom suffocate from COPD. Now that is something really bad. So a few obnoxious purple people I work around. The ship was gorgeous, the shows amazing, my suite luxurious, the sights amazing beyond expectation. I loved every minute. I'm sorry so many people seemed to let these rude people ruin it for them. I honestly am.

I do agree the purple people were obnoxious. No offense to them, but they were loud and rude and took over the promenade. We did our best the first few days to steer clear. I'm sorry it ruined the cruise for some. We were fortunate to have a suite. We almost never eat in Windjammer, and honestly the only two places it was very annoying were elevators and promenade. We loved the concierge lounge and our deck. We were in port most days. I had no intention of letting obnoxious people ruin anything for me. If life gives me lemons I make lemonade. I saw my mom suffocate from COPD. Now that is something really bad. So a few obnoxious purple people I work around. The ship was gorgeous, the shows amazing, my suite luxurious, the sights amazing beyond expectation. I loved every minute. I'm sorry so many people seemed to let these rude people ruin it for them. I honestly am.

I wish there was a "like" button. What a great attitude.

Marilyn

Thank you for a great review. It was fun reading of experiences we will probably never have, i.e. first class air, owner's suite, private tour etc. I especially enjoyed your Rome stay as there are many places there we have yet to visit. Hope you get to Ireland but don't come on a cruise, make it a land trip. Ken

Thank you for a great review. It was fun reading of experiences we will probably never have, i.e. first class air, owner's suite, private tour etc. I especially enjoyed your Rome stay as there are many places there we have yet to visit. Hope you get to Ireland but don't come on a cruise, make it a land trip. Ken

Thank you Ken. I do hope to visit Ireland one day. It is on my bucket list. And yes I would love to spend some time there.