Allure OTS BCE to FLL crossing; Diamond, Diamond Plus are a dime a dozen.

Wife and boarded Oct 18,15 in BCE and there were 400 DIamond and DP. Now we are on the BCE to FLL crossing and there are 3500 CAS members, 1200 of those are Diamond and DP. The Diamond event had to be moved to Blaze, Jazz and Dazzles to accommodate everyone. The Diamond Club coffee machine runs non-stop 12 hrs a day. The Diamond Club is almost full during the day with chair campers.

I spoke to a high level officer whom we knew from a previous long cruise and was told RCCL is not making money on this cruise, just providing a service. Also was mentioned sooner or later the Diamond program will have to change since so many have achieved the Diamond level.

Edited by serialcruiser48

Just to update. Today is the last day of the BCE to FLL crossing and I'm amazed the DC coffee machine is still working. It literally runs 12 hours a day non-stop and it's been that way the whole cruise. We had the same machine on Rhapsody and it was constantly breaking down. Just out of curiosity I looked up the machine's cost and its $9,500. Also, it's only rated for 100 cups day max. Does that every hour.

Also,I want to congratulate the ship's crew for providing great service during the crossing. There was always food in the mornings and it was always out before 7am. The crew kept coffee in the machine, tables cleared and food available. Well done Allure!

Edited by serialcruiser48

It could be said all of those "advanced" members are doing the cruise line a service when they re-position a ship. The cruise line knows the popularity of these cruise among those members and markets it to them.

Also,I want to congratulate the ship's crew for providing great service during the crossing. There was always food in the mornings and it was always out before 7am. The crew kept coffee in the machine, tables cleared and food available. Well done Allure!

Well said and totally agree. Whilst it hasn't always been easy to find a seat in the lounges at certain times we have never waited more than a minute for a bar server and have been able to take our drinks out to less crowded places. The ability to order a speciality coffee for free from cafe promenade was also appreciated. Considering the numbers of D and above on this cruise they've handled it really well