Regal internet question

baron9

Cruising Thanksgiving on the Regal. Is there internet connectivity in the aft staterooms wired or wireless. if not where? Has anyone been able to hold a VPN connection? Thanks

Princess blocks all VPN connections . They use to much of the aviable bandwidth. Speeds are somewhere between dial up and poor quality high speed .

ship internet is mostly for ship operations . Unused space is left for passenger internet .

Edited by Kamloops50

Cruising Thanksgiving on the Regal. Is there internet connectivity in the aft staterooms wired or wireless. if not where? Has anyone been able to hold a VPN connection? Thanks

Wireless available in all cabins but you do have to pat for it

Thanks everyone for the replies. has anyone used a Remote Desktop connection or does princess consider that a Vpn?

I don't know if this is what you are speaking about, but I used 'gotomypc' on my ipad to connect to my office PC and I had no problems doing so (but, as noted, it was slow. I found using it after 10pm that I had faster service).

Is the internet extensive? Do you loose minutes with connections problems?

If you cannot connect in the first place, you are not using minutes.

If you are disconnected in the middle of using it, the system is supposed to detect that and sign you out automatically. If it does not, see the Internet Cafe manager to ask for your minutes to be restored.

The main thing to watch for is to be sure to sign out when you are finished. If you do not, then you will use minutes.

Shutting the lid on your laptop is not the same as signing out.

Still sitting in Ft. Lauderdale Airport! Bojan is the Internet Cafe man to see if you have an issue. He was Very Helpful. Here's what I learned while onboard. I used my iPhone the entire time. You switch your phone to Airplane Mode. While onboard, you can access events, send messages to other passengers, check your shipboard account through Princess Messenger for No Cost. I purchased Internet minutes. Most of the time, the Internet worked reasonably well but my email wasn't easy to use. Instead, I used Messenger. It worked quickly and always worked for me. I also send and received photos this way. Just in case any of you are not tech savvy( I'm not), this was the best solution for me!