Upgrade to Aqua Class is it worth it??

HEINER

Actually this is more a question of do I book early and take up an offer or do I wait and see what offers come along closer to the sailing date. Usually get cheaper cabin deals without the perks. For a first cruise people usually want to book early ... I think when you have done many you tend to wait it out. We would always prefer a cheap late deal. Not bothered as long as it's a balcony grade ... And would prefer a cheap late deal without a drink package then pay up front with an 'offer'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saving $1400 is nice and tempting. If you are traveling alone, try it. If you are with other people, don't do it unless everyone in your group does it. On our recent cruise we had friends who were in aqua (forward and high )and we were in a standard veranda cabin( extra large veranda midship). Our cabin was extremely quiet. Our friends had lots of noise and vibration. We saw each other many times during the day. WE didn't eat dinner together except at the buffet. If you want to eat dinner with friends/family book in similar cabins. We had an opportunity to book an aqua class for less than a concierge a few years ago. Had we been traveling as a couple, we might have tried aqua. We were traveling with our kids and grand kids who booked concierge. We opted to book connecting concierge cabins. We were delighted to be next to them.

Oh - I didn't think you could flip between Blu and the MDR?

Yes, you can dine in the MDR if that is your desire. But the normal procedure would be to notify the Blu Maitere'd who will call his/her counterpart in the MDR and make the arrangements. We have done it a few times on nights when we preferred the MDR menu over Blu.

Hank

Yes, you can dine in the MDR if that is your desire. But the normal procedure would be to notify the Blu Maitere'd who will call his/her counterpart in the MDR and make the arrangements. We have done it a few times on nights when we preferred the MDR menu over Blu.

Hank

Glad to see we can go to the MDR if we want to. Is Blu fixed or open seating?

I know you did go with the upgrade, but as you described it, for me, I wouldn't have waited a moment. I'd trade a slightly larger balcony for a flat balcony plus $1400 and BLU restaurant in a heartbeat.

I'd love a deal like that.

We are now in concierge cabin C2 #9298 on the bump out.

We can upgrade to Aqua and save $1,400.00 we would get Blu and Persian Gardens.

Is Blu worth it? If so is it better than the MDR?

Locations of cabins are not as good as we now have on the bump with a little larger balcony.

Aqua cabins available #1642 #1644 has anyone stayed in these cabins? Or what is your favorite Aqua cabin?

We have sailed many time with Princess this is the first time on Celebrity so we need some help!

Thanks for any information you can give us.

If you're a picky eater, the MDR is probably the last place you would want to eat. I'm picky, too, and because of that I have never eaten anywhere besides Blu, Luminae and the speciality restaurants. They will prepare your food exactly to your specifications. The only time I have been in the MDR during all my Celebrity cruises was during a lifeboat drill lol

Michael

If you have not eaten there, how do you know the MDR is the last place you want to eat???

To the OP:

Are you saving $1400 compared to the cost of an Aqua, or are you saving $1400 from what you paid for the Concirege cabin?

We were able to go from Concirege that we had booked to Aqua and saved $1,400.00.

Glad to see we can go to the MDR if we want to. Is Blu fixed or open seating?

Blu is open seating always. This summer on Summit, we had some nights where there was short wait and they gave us a pager. On Equinox five years ago, there was never a wait. I think the discrepancy had to do with eating at prime time on Summit most nights.

Blu is the only choice I know on Celebrity as our prior two sailings were both AQ as is our upcoming short cruise on Connie. We are very pleased with food and service as it is far above what we had experienced on other larger ships (i.e. larger than Windstar and similar). The breakfasts in Blu are also very good. I can also say that Blu is far more intimate than MDR on any ship we have been on.

Cheers...and enjoy!

I would not hesitate to book an Aqua Class room ever. We have sailed 3 times with Celebrity - all 3 in AQ and loved every cruise. No complaints about room, food, stewards, waiters, service, room service, snacks in room, free bottled water, PG, Comp Champagne, slippers, robe, shower, lotions and potions.

One night we decided to eat in MDR - it reaffirmed our choice of Aqua Class because we loved the food in Blu.

Have a great time on your upcoming trip.

If you have not eaten there, how do you know the MDR is the last place you want to eat???

Because I have ordered MDR food once or twice while dining in Blu and it was pretty appalling food, honestly. It just reaffirmed my decision to pay more for my accommodations. I would imagine Oceanview Cafe food is worse, but MDR was not pleasant.

Michael

Edited by TxnAquarian