Allure of the Seas and Kids

chenj78

Seriously considering a June 2016 sailing aboard the Allure of the Seas with two little girls, ages 7 and 4. We have cruised on smaller RCI ships before. Outside of the typical Adventure Ocean program available on all RCI ships, what does the Allure have to keep my girls busy? I was originally drawn to the Allure, because it's the worlds largest cruise ship, which I equated to more things for the kiddos to do. I see there is a Boardwalk, but it is just a carousel. Can anyone describe what kid friendly features are on this ship that sets it apart from others? Thanks in advance!

Seriously considering a June 2016 sailing aboard the Allure of the Seas with two little girls, ages 7 and 4. We have cruised on smaller RCI ships before. Outside of the typical Adventure Ocean program available on all RCI ships, what does the Allure have to keep my girls busy? I was originally drawn to the Allure, because it's the worlds largest cruise ship, which I equated to more things for the kiddos to do. I see there is a Boardwalk, but it is just a carousel. Can anyone describe what kid friendly features are on this ship that sets it apart from others? Thanks in advance!

The ship has a kiddie pool area.

We're travelling on Allure in the spring with our (then) 10.5 and 6.5 year olds. Here's a list of kids activites that I've noted:

- H20 zone and pool with a manual current (“dounut" that allows for circular current)

- Adventure Ocean kids program

- Rock climbing, sports courts (basketball, mini golf, ping pong)

- Arcade

- Ice skating

- Flowriders

- Kids Club

- DreamWorks: character dining (may be extra), two parades, meet the characters

- 3D / outdoor movies

- Carousel

- Ice show – regular and how to train your dragon

- Blue Planet Show

- ImaginOcean blacklight puppet show

- Cupcake decorating

- Ping pong

- Fountain shows

- Scavenger Hunts

On top of what LuCruise stated I believe that there is also a play area on the boardwalk for kids to run around in and climb in. I am actually going to be on her in a few days. If you have anything you want me to look up for you let me know and I'll post back here when I return.

When I was on the Allure a couple years ago with my kids (ages 6 and 8), they had all sorts of kid-friendly things going on, including face painting, balloon animals, parades, Dreamworks characters popping up all over the ship, etc. They really enjoyed all the shows, especially the Aqua Theatre show, and loved drinking a Shirley Temple on the Rising Tide bar. We did cupcake decorating classes, which was messy but fun. I also remember a special "family dance party" night at Dazzles. They weren't bored for a second! Your kids will love it!

Have been on the ship and her sister Oasis of the Seas multiple times with grandchildren. This New Year's we are going again with three grandkids age 7,10,11. They are in for a treat. I believe this class of ship is excellent for kids, better then Disney IMO as kids of all ages will have wonderful things to entertain them and keep them busy! Previous posters have included comprehensive listings of kid friendly activities. In addition to the ship, so many interesting things to do at the ports. We have already booked the Harmony of the Seas which is the same class. The Quantum was a horror and we cancelled our Anthem cruise- will stick to Oasis class and Freedom class RC ships. And when we sail as a couple we love Celebrity!

You (and they) are in for a real treat!

Edited by Cruise a holic