inside or outside cabin on millie?

WASUP

We are inside on this ship, deck 8 and I was wondering what it was like, 170 sq. feet, seems a good size cabin, we were offered a oceanview on deck 2 continental and I was wondering if anyone has done an oceanview on this deck and can share info before we accept the upgrade, so to speak. The TA said below us was crew quarters and storage...above us more cabins, the same for the inside, cabins above and below us.

also, is the window a picture window or aport hole?

Thanks

Here's our philosphy: Why pay more money for just a "window?" It doesn't make sense, especially since the one time we did have an Oceanview cabin I was alway closing the curtains. It's the same 170 sq. ft. with just a window. On Deck 2 it might only be a port hole and not a picture window.

I would MUCH rather be in an inside on Deck 8 (just make sure you are not under the pool) than an outside on Deck 2!!

Now that we know the ships we always book Category 9 Inside on Deck 7 (M Class Ships Vista Deck).

Anne Maria

The standard inside and outside cabins are the same size. The window is the only difference. You will have the same level of comfort in both. We had an outside cabin on the lowest deck of the Millenium and we had a regular window. The possibility exists, I don't recall, that the outside cabins at the extreme front or rear of the ship have portholes. Most people prefer to have a view of the ocean rather than a view of a wall. One thing to consider is that deck 2 is close to the water and some people might find it unnerving to be see the ocean so close to their cabin. I do have to say though that inside cabins are great if you like a really dark place to sleep.

To me, the deck I am on is more important than if I have a window or not. Why switch from the middle of the ship between food and entertainment and the pool deck to a cabin at the bottom of the ship where you are always going up

I'd prefer the ability to see out. Besides, the exercise is good for you. You can take the stairs to burn off calories, and eat more.

Hubby and I found out that we need an oceanview cabin. On our first cruise, our TA booked us in an inside cabin "because you won't be in it that much and why spend the extra?". Well, even with alarms and wake up calls, we only made it for breakfast once during the cruise.

Without a window, the darkness of the room, and the gentle rocking of the ship would immediately lull us back to sleep. We were very lucky that we made it to our tours. On sea days, we barely made it to lunch.

After that experience, we always book an oceanview at the minimum and leave the drapes open just a crack to let natural light filter in. When the alarm goes off or the wake up call comes in, there is just enough daylight to get us moving.

The Ta also said that the days we are in port, are the ones we MIGHT want a window, but half our cruise is sea days, so I am thinking we are fine with the inside, mid ship, with cabins above and below us...

thanks for the info on the 2nd level deck

After buying an inside to see just how awful it was and getting upgraded for free to an oceanview, DH and I decided that the benefit of checking the weather by looking out the window reather than having to check the bridgecam on the TV did not make up the outside worth more than 35 bucks a person.

Regarding being at the lowest deck,we found we sorta liked it. We never had that awful wait at the elevators with car after car going by full of folks with no room for us to get on.

Clay

You didn't tell us where on Continental Deck the cabin was situated. If it is toward the rear of the ship, it would be a great place. We have had cabins in that area twice. It's quiet. It's really more midship than aft. It's steps from the elevator that takes you to the FOOD. It really save a lot of steps. Decent size window. Really think that area of the ship as a secret I don't want to get out. A cabin way forward might have more motion than I would like.

Goodluck with your decision!

Hancock

Archived