Is it to soon to pack :/

fototaker

I never completely unpack!!! :D...Just keep certain items ready for the next cruise in the "cruise" luggage (we have 2 big ones just for cruising as we drive to our ports).

Now that the seasons are changing and I am changing out clothing for cooler weather I just drop the summer clothes inside the luggage and start making my piles for each of us. Our next cruise isn't until January but never too early to be prepared.

I would already be on it!!!!

Sounds just like me. It gets to cold here in upstate NY for any summer clothing so why not wash and pack! We go in January and I have almost everything packed.

You should pack when you are comfortable doing so. I find that if I pack correctly it doesn't matter if I do it a day before or a month before the clothes still look the same.

For me I am a planner and I usually have our shoulder bags packed and ready about 6 weeks out... and clothes are done about 4 weeks out. I find it helps me because the little guy in my head will chime and be like "hey you forgot to pack XXXXX." Standing joke with my husband is, wanna take bets on how many time I pack and repack? But, you know what traveled all over the place and usually by the time we leave I have it just perfect.

I leave tomorrow and haven't done the laundry yet.

OMG, you sound like my sister but she packs and does laundry the night before for her family of 5, which includes 3 small boys! FOR REAL!

We are all going on a cruise on December 28 (on Indy for NYE) and all my clothes are ironed and hanging in the closet. I think over Thanksgiving weekend I will take out all the little items I need but the hardest part, having the clothes and ironing each piece, is done.

My sister is going on the cruise and there is no way she has even given this a thought yet. It would give me too much stress to do the week before or even a day or two before.

For those that pack the day/night before, do you have all your clothes ironed? I refuse to spend my vacation time ironing or trying to get wrinkles out of my clothes when I had all the time to do it at home.

Edited by js

About 30 days out we get all of our toiletries and loose ends packed.

We also start hanging up our cruise clothes in the guest room closets, and go over our check list.

That gives us time to get anything we are missing, but not have wrinkled and stale clothes in luggage for a month.

We normally pack 2 days before the cruise, as the day before is reserved for dogs to the parents, haircuts, manicures, etc.

Is it to soon? Single digits for the Sunshine..... :)

161782790.jpg

I don't pack my suitcase till the night before the cruise. However, I have everything I want to take with me in the guest room ready to pack. I do have a packing list on my computer so it's easy to get organized.

About 30 days out we get all of our toiletries and loose ends packed.

We also start hanging up our cruise clothes in the guest room closets, and go over our check list.

That gives us time to get anything we are missing, but not have wrinkled and stale clothes in luggage for a month.

We normally pack 2 days before the cruise, as the day before is reserved for dogs to the parents, haircuts, manicures, etc.

I just want to say that I iron all my clothes and pack them in packing cubes and they usually sit for about 2-4 weeks in the packing cubes prior to my leaving for a trip. My clothes are never wrinkled. I love the packing cubes.

We are going on the same cruise. I have been packed since Monday, a week ago, and my husband finished his 2 days ago. We are so ready!!

Ok, so I am now packed! :/ However, the OCD side (never had an ocd side before ) of me has had the suitcase unpacked, inventoried, and repacked three times... the First time was the Socks fault. For some weird reason I was worried about having 8 pair of socks. The second time, was the Socks fault again, as I couldn't remember if I packed one or two pair of dress socks..... And would ya believe the socks did me again. I sat the second pair of dress socks down and could not find where they where, So I unpacked again to find the second pair of dress socks that had actually rolled off and under the bed! :/ Now all I can say is 5 more days! :D

Wait! I have to sail her first, and im not even packed! Lol! :) I'll make sure she's all ready for u when we get off!;).

I actually watched you sail away! I could here Jaime Dee over the P.A. system as the ship passed the camera! Hope you had a great trip

I start packing about 2 months before i leave, so nope, it's not too soon. I hang my garment bag on the door and hang the dresses I plan to take on the door also (this its in a spare room, out of the way). I roll everything, so i really never have wrinkled clothes, but i do take a small spray bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release just in case, although I've never needed it!

I start laying stuff on top of my suitcase 2 months in advance. Things that I do not want to leave behind. I had a nightmare about this last night! I dreamed that I left all my paper work at home that I carry in a red expandable folder. Then I got lost looking for the hotel. Then I got lost on the ship and I was crying that I didn't know where to go and DH decided not to go on this cruise. So, I'm feeling some anxiety today.:eek:

I start a packing list weeks ahead of time, revising periodically. A couple of weeks ahead I begin gathering everything together on the guest room bed and getting everything suitcase ready (rolling, folding, etc). The day before we leave I put everything into the suitcase. (I used to so it sooner, but found things wrinkle more the longer they are packed) DH packs himself in about 15 minutes. :)