Local Miami Peeps - Help please!

ilovetotravel1977

This question is for all local Miami peeps.

I have a reservation at the new Homewood Suites on Brickell for April 8, 2016. The hotel website keeps bumping the date for "Accepting reservation from ______ and onward."

It started at December 2015, now it's April 2016. What does this mean? The hotel won't be ready to open until April 2016?

If you could let me know that state that it's in, maybe that would help me understand? Should I book another hotel just in case it doesn't open on time?

I would agree with Keith. Find a new spot. They obviously aren't going to delay reservations if the hotel is open and running with some confidence. Since you are booked so early in April, I don't think I'd take the chance and at least have a backup.

Where did you make the reservation? Go back to them and get their answer.

Edited by eandj

This is the reply I got from them on Facebook:

Good afternoon Heather, thank you for your posting & your interest in our new hotel. Although we have incurred some minor construction delays, the new Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami Downtown/Brickell is on schedule to open its doors by the end of January 2016. Although the website says, "Accepting reservations from April 4th and beyond", that is a "pre-sale" date set by the brand. Please keep checking back with us as we get closer to our projected opening.

So I think I should be ok. The price on LMT Club was just too good to pass up.