turner beach

recia

We were at Turners this past January and loved it.

We were originally heading for Valley Church Beach based on reviews here on CC. However when we found a taxi driver he suggested Turners. It is just past VCB and he offered to stop there first so we could take a look, then on to Turners to do the same and we could decide. What a guy.

Valley Church looked nice enough but very crowded. Turners on the other hand had very cruisers (that day anyway) and was lovely. It was a much deeper beach area. You could set up close to the water in the sun, or further back under the trees. We always prefer natural shade so were happy with that. They rent chairs & umbrellas (we only needed loungers), can't remember the cost though.

They have one nice restaurant with a large open-sided (shaded) deck with good food and drinks (they will bring drinks to your lounger) if you want. They also have nice, clean restrooms. There are some vendor tables set-up that you can browse (they don't come up to you....nice). Hope this helps.

Valley Church looked nice enough but very crowded. Turners on the other hand had very few cruisers (that day anyway) and was lovely.

This is exactly why I refuse to respond to inquiries about Turners - I'm selfish, and don't want it to get jammed up with cruisers like VCB has in the last few years.

We were originally heading for Valley Church Beach based on reviews here on CC. However when we found a taxi driver he suggested Turners. It is just past VCB and he offered to stop there first so we could take a look, then on to Turners to do the same and we could decide. What a guy.

Valley Church looked nice enough but very crowded. Turners on the other hand had very cruisers (that day anyway) and was lovely. It was a much deeper beach area. You could set up close to the water in the sun, or further back under the trees. We always prefer natural shade so were happy with that. They rent chairs & umbrellas (we only needed loungers), can't remember the cost though.

They have one nice restaurant with a large open-sided (shaded) deck with good food and drinks (they will bring drinks to your lounger) if you want. They also have nice, clean restrooms. There are some vendor tables set-up that you can browse (they don't come up to you....nice). Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, we are going in January and this sounds like what we need.

Jerrib, do you remember how much a cab was to Turner's? Also, did that same cab come back for you or are there cabs waiting? :)

Sorry, I don't remember the cab fare.

We were advised by friends to bypass the usual crush of taxi drivers, keep walking and seek out 'Ninja'. We walked a block further and asked the first driver we saw if he knew 'Ninja" - guess what, it was him.

When he dropped us off at Turners he asked what time he should return. He was there as promised.....a super nice guy by the way.

I did not see any cab's 'waiting' at Turners for the return trip, but a few who were returning to pick up their passengers as ours was.

If Turners has become more popular maybe there will be cabs waiting. But if you haven't arranged with your driver to come back for you (because you were unsure about what time), I'm sure the friendly folks at the restaurant will call one for you.

How was the drop off once you got in the water?

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Turner's Beach on Nov 19. My DH and I shared a van with other folks going to Valley Church Beach. Turner's was just down the road from there. I believe it cost $8 pp each way. We made arrangements for the driver to pick us up before the other folks for our return trip. It worked out very well. Turner's has permanent umbrella's made of wood. You don't need to rent one. Lounge chairs were $5 each. There was an open air restaurant but not a big selection on the menu. We ate lunch at 1:00 and they were out of a lot of items. Ended up getting a cheeseburger and fries which was $8. There are vendors set up at each end of the beach and they did occasionally come over to try to sell something but just told them no thanks. Biggest drawback was the drop-off going into the water. The sand sloped down quite a bit and it was difficult to get back out - at least for this senior! When we stopped at Valley Beach to pick up our other passengers on the way back, I noticed that it had gotten quite crowded since we dropped them off. They also had music blaring at a beach bar. We also compared prices on our ride back and they had to pair to rent an umbrella and chairs plus their cheeseburger was $11. Hope this helps.

587350467_IMG_1354-Copy(800x600).jpg.0d95dc8916608cc5bfeaea80e1713206.jpg

• 2 months later...
It's about 10-11 miles from the port. I can't remember exactly but I think it took us about 30 min. We did stop at another beach first to let other passengers off.

Thank you. We were thinking about going to Turner's Beach but I think it might be a bit far with a 3 year old and a 2 year old. I think we might consider Beach Limerz instead.

We were at Turner's last week as part of a tour. If you arrive late like we did (just after noon) there were none of the wooden shade umbrellas available. We wound up far back from the beach under a palm tree with no view of the water.

Another couple from our cruise arrived earlier (wish we had seen them) via cab -- reportedly about $35 each way and did enjoy the beach.