Carnival Miracle - Mexico Review (Nov 1 - 7)

kidlessatsea

Thank you, Hawksfan.

My kids have a streamer and a harddisk with hundreds of movies and it's easier to attach to a flat screen then an old box tv.

I don't think you'll be able to. The TV we had on the Miracle last month was a Samsung hotel model. It actually said hotel on the factory label.

We brought along a cheap universal remote, but were unable to make it work to access the input menu.

I don't think you'll be able to. The TV we had on the Miracle last month was a Samsung hotel model. It actually said hotel on the factory label.

We brought along a cheap universal remote, but were unable to make it work to access the input menu.

Hmmm...that's odd, every hotel we've been to had a flat screen that had an HDMI input. I'd think the tv's on a cruise ship would be the same. Well, we'll see when we're on the Miracle.

There is an HDMI port, but no way I could find to change the input. The tip is usually to try a universal remote, it didn't work for me.

The Carnival supplied remote is not a regular home remote. There are no buttons to get into the set's menu where you would select the input. YMMV :)

Good luck!

Hmmm...that's odd, every hotel we've been to had a flat screen that had an HDMI input. I'd think the tv's on a cruise ship would be the same. Well, we'll see when we're on the Miracle.

I think the HDMI ports were disabled. We brought a hard drive with connectors to watch movies as well but couldn't get it to work. Hubby thought AUX cables might work but no other options.

We also brought a portable DVD player as suggested so our little one could watch movies but the only plug in our suite was in the changing area so we couldn't plug it in. You would need a rechargeable option or an extension cord.

CC closed at 1:00p? When did they open back up?

It was either 1:30 or 2:00 - they were preparing for a "make your own bear" activity that costs extra. After the activity they were open again for the rest of the day. They did that particular offering a couple of times. On port days, CC was open all day.

How was the cabin 6232??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ended up getting suite 6168. I can tell you that the depth of the balcony was awesome and I may always book extended balcony from now on. We walked past 6232 a couple of times and I wanted to knock and peek but I didn't...

We ended up getting suite 6168. I can tell you that the depth of the balcony was awesome and I may always book extended balcony from now on. We walked past 6232 a couple of times and I wanted to knock and peek but I didn't...

Take your ocean suite balcony and double the length of it and that is the balcony of 6232!

Picture0404151248_1.jpg.5a024285cfc6ebfa6778e2604c68a61b.jpg

Just off the Miracle today. Agree with you about the pancakes in the MDR. Sis thinks they use waffle batter, making the pancakes denser.

ATD always had a wait. Got a buzzer at 7:30 and were seated around 8. We didn't do CE night. This was also true in October.

On both cruises no one seemed to want to share tables.

Take your ocean suite balcony and double the length of it and that is the balcony of 6232!

We had cabin 6232 last Nov and I can tell you it was great. My favorite cabin in all my cruising. I would do it again in a heartbeat but it was already booked for my up coming cruise.

Loved your review. The Miracle is our favorite ship, have sailed on her 3 times and booked again for next October. I'm cheap when it comes to our cabin since we aren't in there much (and I rarely use the balcony), we book a 7A Obstructed balcony just below 6232. It's also considered a bowling alley balcony but not very deep. The view is only obstructed when looking down. We love the cabin and the location is perfect for us since we never seem to venture forward.

Again, thank you and I'm glad you had such a great experience on the Miracle!

We were on the same cruise. In fact we had cabin 6232 because you moved out! LOVED the balcony. It will be hard to go back to a balcony without a lounger. We had a great cruise. Love the spirit class ship. This was one of our favorite cruises so far.

Jaimee

I agree about Chloe, she is def one of the better CD's with Carnival. As far as trivia, I agree with you about the Neverending Story, I missed 4 on the 80's trivia too. My little brother went 20/20 in Disney Trivia and 38/40 for Country Music trivia. Tied with 2 other people in Disney trivia and tied with 1 other person in Country music trivia.