Stormy weather ahead....

redflag216

So I just checked out the weather for the ports we are visiting on the Glory next week and it's rain, rain, rain...oh and some lightning too!! Lucky us! I know forecasted weather changes all the time, and I'm hoping that it does. Won't let it ruin the cruise, but just a little bummed to see not so great weather right across the board. Crossing my fingers that the weather holds out for HMC, at least!

Ill be on the ship with you on Glory. Ive been waiting over a year for this cruise, I am really excited. I am not too worried about this weather. I am staying hopeful because I think the 10 day forecast is based on this Tropical Storm Kate that is alittle north of the Bahamas as we speak.

By next week it will be totally gone and I feel the forecast will clear up. One more thing to note, I checked HMC two days ago (before Kate) and it said only 15 percent chance of rain and not much wind. Now I checked it says, 75 percent chance of rain and 20mph wind. SO this means Friday will be back to good for us. Just my two cents

That's during the summer months. During November - February, the weather can turn into rainy days. Very seldom are there thunderstorms during this period.

Based on my experience having lived in the Caribbean for 18 years of my life, the chances of thunderstorms diminish slightly during the winter season, but they are still there simply because all the ingredients for their formation exist all year long. Just looking at the forecast for my hometown for next week, it shows a chance of thunderstorms every single day, which is not uncommon. But I know what that means. It may rain, or it may not. It may be sunny or it may not. There may be thunderstorms in the afternoon or not. Growing up there, you just learn to ignore the weather report unless a major system (like a hurricane) is headed your way.

Edited by Tapi

There was rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for each port for my cruise a couple weeks ago when I looked at the weather reports the week before, but we ended up having beautiful weather. The only rain we got was a quick thunderstorm when we were heading back to the ship in Jamaica. Bottom line, only take the forecast with a grain of salt. Enjoy your cruise!