Changing cabins after sale

Sea and Me

If someone books during a "sale" and wants to switch their cabin would they lose their "sale perks"?? The cruise is a year out. I realize there may be other sales. Would one have to cancel then rebook? If the price would change would it be worth it to go through all of the above??

Thanks,

Carol

If someone books during a "sale" and wants to switch their cabin would they lose their "sale perks"?? The cruise is a year out. I realize there may be other sales. Would one have to cancel then rebook? If the price would change would it be worth it to go through all of the above??

Thanks,

Carol

Carol,

We are booked on the Regal in December 2016 and booked under the "Sip & Sail" promotion. After the sail ended, I wanted to move from one room to another (from an Owners Suite to a Penthouse Suite) and was told if we did so, we would lose the "Sip & Sail" portion of our booking but would get the current "3 for 3" promotion they had going on at that time.

We did not move.

Just my experience.

We did the 3 for 3 sale and have some nice perks. I'm checking the Princess website and the prices have gone up (imagine that)! I'll keep searching, like I said its a year out, Nov.16 on the Royal.

Thanks for your reply. Have a good day.

Carol

If you want to change rooms within the same booking category, you should not lose your promotional items. For example, if you booked a room in BD and want to change to another BD room, this should let you keep your items. If you want to go from a BD to a BB, for example, you will risk losing them.

Edited by cubfan63

If you want to change rooms within the same booking category, you should not lose your promotional items. For example, if you booked a room in BD and want to change to another BD room, this should let you keep your items. If you want to go from a BD to a BB, for example, you will risk losing them.

Agreed. In our case we were wanting to move from an S2 to an S4 which is why we were going to lose the promotion and trying out the Penthouse Suite was not worth it to us to lose the Sip & Sail promotion.

While not changing rooms, when I booked out TA way back in 2014, I kept watching the prices and early in 2015, there was a nice price drop with benefits like free specialty restaurant dinner and OCBs. I got the reduction and the bennies.

Later this year, the price dropped again and I called about it and they said if I took that promotion, I would lose the bennies from the previous sale. Because the price drop was big enough, I dropped the bennies and went for the lower price.

I imagine something similar might apply in the situation you describe.

Because the price drop was big enough, I dropped the bennies and went for the lower price.

Right - I think each booking has to be evaluated independently. Sometimes it is worth a re-fare and sometimes not.

Maddle

Generally speaking

If you just ask to change to a different cabin in the same category then the change will probably be allowed without effecting your current fare & promo.

If you want to upgrade or downgrade your cabin then the process is cancel and re-book, losing whatever promo you have, and receiving the current fare and promo if there is one.

Sometimes T.A.'s can get a change without losing the current promo. It has happened. You have to ask the T.A. and see what answer they get back.

If the switch is within the same cabin category grade, you can make the change, but if you signed up for the 3 for free, can't you change cabins between category grades as long as the cabins are in the same accommodation class? For example, can you change from an aft balcony to a mid-aft balcony if one comes available? I hope my understanding is correct because I currently have an aft balcony on the Caribe deck on a TA and would llke to switch to mid-aft on Caribe if one comes available. If anyone knows, please let us know.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Thanks,

Carol

We booked a Princess cruise recently with very aggressive pricing for balcony cabins. The next level balcony cabin was twice what we paid. I noticed that the ship was undersold after final payment, so I asked the TA to see if Princess would move us to a different category of balcony cabin. They did so and gave us some OBC. It wouldn't hurt to ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.