Change to MTD once aboard?

We are repricing our cruise under the new sale to take advantage of the onboard credit. Even though the base price of the cruise is a bit higher than we initially booked, the onboard credit still gives us a positive benefit, since we figure we can apply it to things we were going to spend on anyhow and still have extra left over.

However, it looks like we are currently booked for the 6 o'clock seating dinner. We were always planning to change this to My Time Dining, understanding that that would mean we need to prepay the gratuities. However I understand that the onboard credit cannot be retroactively applied to purchase made prior to boarding, such as drink packages purchased in advance or pre-paid gratuities.

So we plan to wait until we get on board to buy our drink packages. Is it similarly possible to leave our dinner reservations as is and then switch to My Time Dining on the ship so we can apply our OBC to gratuities?

Thanks,

Mike

If you really want MTD I would do it now. As it become more popular it often fills leaving those that want it out.

As the previous poster mentioned you no longer are REQUIRED to pre-pay the gratuities for MTD although they like you to.

We are repricing our cruise under the new sale to take advantage of the onboard credit. Even though the base price of the cruise is a bit higher than we initially booked, the onboard credit still gives us a positive benefit, since we figure we can apply it to things we were going to spend on anyhow and still have extra left over.

However, it looks like we are currently booked for the 6 o'clock seating dinner. We were always planning to change this to My Time Dining, understanding that that would mean we need to prepay the gratuities. However I understand that the onboard credit cannot be retroactively applied to purchase made prior to boarding, such as drink packages purchased in advance or pre-paid gratuities.

So we plan to wait until we get on board to buy our drink packages. Is it similarly possible to leave our dinner reservations as is and then switch to My Time Dining on the ship so we can apply our OBC to gratuities?

Thanks,

Mike

MTD is very popular and waiting to book while on board may be a problem as their quoto for MTD might be maxed out. When booking MTD, you do not have to prepay gratuities any more. If you can I would switch to MTD now.