Roll Calls

Shogun

Hi All

Was looking over roll calls, not one for the cruise I am looking at,

others only a few folks chatting, so are HAL folks not so active

been used to groups of 100 plus, with loads of cc events

yours Shogun

You just never know with roll calls. Some take off and others don't. One of the HAL roll calls I have been on had over 4500 posts and dozens of members. I have met some great people on roll calls who I continue to cruise with. Being a solo cruiser, meeting people on a roll call is really nice.

Roll calls do vary but generally speaking all of the ones I have been on have been quite busy. Our Prinsendam roll call with over 5,000 posts was actually closed after our cruise because of the number of posts!? and views.

On a ship with only 840 passengers we had 110 signed up for the meet and greet.

Our current Westerdam cruise is rocking and rolling long before it is time to cruise. Lots of activities and 88 members already confirmed for the meet and greet (if memory serves me correctly) and we have lots of time to go before we sail.

It really does depend but someone has to step up and offer to organize some of this stuff and if everyone just sits and "waits" for someone to do it or to post, they aren't going to be as active.

JMO.

I've found that the Caribbean ones are usually quiet, as most of the regular HAL cruisers aren't looking to hook up for private tours for two reasons -- we've been the the islands a lot or everybody knows the great private tour operators already.

Could also be true for Alaska, since most of the good private tours are very small and don't require a group for a decent price.

I've found that the Caribbean ones are usually quiet, as most of the regular HAL cruisers aren't looking to hook up for private tours for two reasons -- we've been the the islands a lot or everybody knows the great private tour operators already.

Could also be true for Alaska, since most of the good private tours are very small and don't require a group for a decent price.

I tend to agree. It seems the "one off" cruises I've been on the roll call is usually quite active.

I asked the same question for our Roll Call next year end of July. Being new to HAL I didn't want to be the first to set up a roll call as I have no knowledge of the ship or the usual places to hold gatherings. Going to leave it until the new year and see if one gets started.

I asked the same question for our Roll Call next year end of July. Being new to HAL I didn't want to be the first to set up a roll call as I have no knowledge of the ship or the usual places to hold gatherings. Going to leave it until the new year and see if one gets started.

Go ahead and start the roll call. You have a great starting message-you'd like information on the specific ship and HAL in general. It will take off from there.

Hi All

Was looking over roll calls, not one for the cruise I am looking at,

others only a few folks chatting, so are HAL folks not so active

been used to groups of 100 plus, with loads of cc events

yours Shogun

A lot of people don't want to be the first one to post. Try starting the roll call your self. Lots of folks sitting on the sidelines will probably jump in.