Safe in room

gooddayz

Hiya-newbie question . Going on Allure Jan 3rd. Took Carnival 10 years ago, and was able to open safe using any card that had mag strip. Is it still same or does it use pin code now? Also if you lose power is safe locked closed or is there battery back up. Thanks in advance!

Hiya-newbie question . Going on Allure Jan 3rd. Took Carnival 10 years ago, and was able to open safe using any card that had mag strip. Is it still same or does it use pin code now? Also if you lose power is safe locked closed or is there battery back up. Thanks in advance!

You input any 4 digit numbers of your choice...if you have any problems just call guest services...have no idea about a battery backup....never been in that situation....Just remember the numbers you use...any problem and a security crew member will come to your cabin....sometimes two crew members.

Our safe malfunctioned. My wife opened it to get something out and while the door was standing open, it somehow deployed its lock bolts. The code we had used would not unlock it, so we could not close the door. I called maintenance and they send a crew member fairly quickly who put her magic tool on the two contacts on the outside of the door and unlocked it. She had us try closing and locking it with our own code and all was fine. She did have us sign a release form.

I did notice that, unlike many safes like this that I have used in hotels, the number you enter is not displayed after the safe locks. It is only displayed for a brief second or two after you enter the code. Also, you have to hold the door closed as you enter the code, so it's actually easy to "fat-finger" the code and not realize, then get locked out of your safe.

I was just recently on the Oasis 3 night Bahamas cruise & had a problem the first night with the safe when we got back from the diving show. It would not open. We called Maintenance & Guest services at around midnight & somebody finally came at 1:00 AM. She was able to open the safe for us & schedule a "fix" the next morning. (The springs were broken & that is why the door was not opening). The next morning maintenance came & temporarily fixed the door by putting a "handle" on it.

I was happy about that but when they opened the door they did not even ask us for our code & used 1-2-3-4. Not sure if that is universal on all the safes but an FYI for everybody just in case.

I was just recently on the Oasis 3 night Bahamas cruise & had a problem the first night with the safe when we got back from the diving show. It would not open. We called Maintenance & Guest services at around midnight & somebody finally came at 1:00 AM. She was able to open the safe for us & schedule a "fix" the next morning. (The springs were broken & that is why the door was not opening). The next morning maintenance came & temporarily fixed the door by putting a "handle" on it.

I was happy about that but when they opened the door they did not even ask us for our code & used 1-2-3-4. Not sure if that is universal on all the safes but an FYI for everybody just in case.

Well, now if there are any thief's on CC they now know how to possibly break into all of the safes :D...but first they would need to figure out how to get in the room

Well, now if there are any thief's on CC they now know how to possibly break into all of the safes :D...but first they would need to figure out how to get in the room

That is an override code that only the maintenance staff can utilize. Don't know what else they do but not even the cabin steward can make use of the code.

Edited by sailaway2010

I believe that 1-2-3-4 code only works after they place their special unlock device key on the contacts on the outside of the safe. This special electronic device just erases the code you entered and resets it to factory defaults. That's why 1-2-3-4 then works.