LIVE – Anthem’s First Trip to the Caribbean Picture Review 11/10/15

Kcjarvis

Cabin – The Owner’s suite is fantastic. We did miss the window #firstworldproblems

Suite Attendant – Fair - Couldn’t tell you his name because he never came too introduce himself. He also programmed blue seapass cards instead of gold cards. Edgar the Deck Supervisor said “he” had just signed on and was busy doing training. Why have a new guy handle suites??? He did do an ok job cleaning though. More #firstworldproblems

Cruise Director – Ken Rush – There have been 1000’s of posts on cruise critic regarding Ken. Ken has a huge ego and will constantly remind you that he has taken out 14 new builds. Bottom line – Ken loves Ken. Through the years, I have been on sailings where I found him annoying. This was not the case on this sailing. He did a great job programming events including the 2pm Love and Marriage Show. Can’t blame him for the Quest, due to the Seaplex venue not being optimal for this type of event, 270 Today and Name the Tune were great. Overall – Very Good

Concierge – JD and Filip – huge downgrade from Mario and Reyno on Quantum. They basically sat at their desks working on their computers. JD had limited interaction with guests in the lounge, Filip had none. Note - we received our welcome letter on 10 day.

Diamond lounge – With 900 Diamond members on board it was a mad house. We only went once and never met concierge.

Internet Service – Voom is amazing!!! – Everything worked Periscope, Skype video, iMessage, Facetime, Good client vpn, Netflix, Hulu and Slingbox. 25 / 12 Megs are fantastic at sea.

Royal IQ – Excellent – great app for reservations and the electronic compass. If you buy an internet package you shouldn’t have to pay more for the texting package also.

Entertainment – Overall Very Good:

We will Rock you - If you aren’t a Queen music fan, the show will not resonate with you. To me, it came across as an “Ok” Headliner show. WWRY is not on par with the other traditional Broadway offerings RCCL is showing on other ships. West End is not Broadway.

Spectra’s Cabaret – Interesting, however Quantum’s Starwater is a far superior show. I can still see Diamonds and Skyfall in my head from Starwater. As I write this review, I can’t think of any memorable moments from Spectra’s Cabaret. Spectra’s is just a typical Headliner show in a great venue.

Food – (Subjective) – Very good – Huge fan of Dynamic Dining, I was so sick of prime rib and Thai Chicken on the regular menu. We never waited more than 3 mins at any restaurant, even if we didn’t have a reservation. Service at the complimentary restaurants was not bad. I did notice the Asst waiters are the ones who pick up the food from the gallery, so they are not focused on providing more bread, refilling drinks and fresh pepper. I didn’t like restaurant operating times though. Limited sit down breakfast options after 9:30am on sea days and after 9:30pm it’s pizza or room service. What happened to the 24 hour Windjammer???? Coastal Kitchen’s food and service was amazing!!!! Bring back the Vidalia onion tart and the old mud pie!!!!!!

Room service – Very good – The wings and burgers are an upgrade from standard room service offerings and worth the $3.95 up charge. (No charge for suites)

Misc – No problem bringing on 2 cases of water in a duffle bag or an extension cord.

Shout outs – Hotel Director Dean, Manager Hotel Operations Giuseppe, the entire Coastal Kitchen crew, Yael, Dave and Daniella, Karen and Imesh, Anthony and Donna, and Psych Cruisers. Special thanks to all of my Periscope viewers!!!!!

Conclusion:

Being the 1st Caribbean sailing, there was a huge buzz on the ship and in the ports. Anthem and the crew didn’t disappoint. Anthem is a great addition to the NY/NJ area and will clearly “breakaway” from the competition. Finally, I’d like to commend the Capt and RCCL for valuing human life over profit with the early return to Bayonne.

Total score 99%

Another excellent vacation, we remain loyal to Royal.

This is Ken Jarvis and I approve this review - Thank you for reading.

Stay thirsty my friends…

23194405392_6c69036dc2_b.jpg

Ken, thank you so much for all the information you have provided. You did a terrific job and I loved your Periscopes. I actually miss them. Maybe you could do a weekly "show"?

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

HAHA - Great idea. Happy TG to you as well.

Wow, wings on room service? Were they any good? Were they free or an extra charge? I read that breakfast has lots of non-free items these days. And what is the sauce, cucumber?

Excellent - They are Michael's Pub CHILE CHICKEN WINGS with

Creamy cucumbers

OK, Ken. Now that you've seen both, which do you prefer? Starwater or Spectra? For me, Starwater wins hands down! I wish they would bring Starwater back to the Anthem now that Quantum is in China. I'd go see that over and over but for me, once is enough for Spectra.

Check my summary - we are on the same page

Ken, it was great finally meeting you and Paulette on Anthem! Just read through your review and even spotted us in a couple pictures haha. Looking forward to reading your conclusions about the cruise. We had an amazing time and I decided that the Anthem is my new favorite ship.

Our and prayers are with the families of the passengers who passed away. Very sad seeing those ambulances last night. All of us experienced cruisers knew that something was very wrong when the ship started vibrating and then all of a sudden we were doing 24.5 knots on night 11... :(

It was fantastic meeting you as well and glad we can stay connected on the "other" website. Happy Thanksgiving and all the best to Daniella.

Ken (aka kcjarvis), please allow me to be honest: First time I've ever come across your reviews here on CC and I had NO idea what Periscope was...you made me open CC and Periscope every day to see what you had to say, sharing your cruise experience!

Then you really caught my attention talking about the RIBS @ Mullet Bay and posting that pic. I just have to ask: was that Room Service photo you shared: 'Bangers and Mash'? Regardless, all the 'DELICIOUS' pictures you shared have me believing you and I are stomachs separated at birth...lol

Once again, great review, great photos, great Periscope and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

I believe you're in London Sunday, enjoy, and please do try and book another cruise before March, so once again, we can all enjoy your CRUISE perspective!

Edited by MACE

Thank you Ken Jarvis for taking the time to include us all in your vacation plans via Periscope. I had never heard of it before I saw it posted on the FB page that you were going to be doing it from the Anthem. I LOVED following you around the Caribbean and getting your views on things. Thanks also for all the pictures you posted. I ALMOST felt like I was there with you :) Can't wait for your next cruise. Mine isn't until June, so I know you will have a couple in before I go.

Ken (aka kcjarvis), please allow me to be honest: First time I've ever come across your reviews here on CC and I had NO idea what Periscope was...you made me open CC and Periscope every day to see what you had to say, sharing your cruise experience!

Then you really caught my attention talking about the RIBS @ Mullet Bay and posting that pic. I just have to ask: was that Room Service photo you shared: 'Bangers and Mash'? Regardless, all the 'DELICIOUS' pictures you shared have me believing you and I are stomachs separated at birth...lol

Once again, great review, great photos, great Periscope and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

I believe you're in London Sunday, enjoy, and please do try and book another cruise before March, so once again, we can all enjoy your CRUISE perspective!

I literally spit my drink out laughing at stomachs separated at birth hahah. Thanks for the kind words. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

Hi Ken, just found this and read all the way through and I must say that I am very disappointed

That we weren't there:D

Great job and have a great holiday. Be on Allure very shortly in one of the new aft gs overlooking the aqua theatre

Edited by setsail

At 2pm, it was time for the Cabin Crawl. I have to say, this was the most organized cabin crawl I've ever been on. OK fine, I admit it - I was the organizer. HAHA

We saw an Owner's Suite, a Superior Grand Suite, a Grand Suite, a Junior Suite, a Superior Ocean View Balcony, and 2 Obstructed View Balconies.

22570250177_bb8293bcc6_c.jpg

I just read your review. Thank you for all this pictures. I am looking forward to my cruise on Anthem in May :)

I saw you visited the room #8232. I am staying in the room next door. Do you remember, is there a connecting door between #8230 and #8232?

Are the studio cabins designed for the adult kids, travelling with there parents?

Hi Ken, just found this and read all the way through and I must say that I am very disappointed

That we weren't there:D

Great job and have a great holiday. Be on Allure very shortly in one of the new aft gs overlooking the aqua theatre

HAHAHA - Thanks a lot. Make sure you take a lot of pictures of that GS please. Have a great time. Happy Holidays to you and Mrs. Setsail!!!!!

I just read your review. Thank you for all this pictures. I am looking forward to my cruise on Anthem in May :)

I saw you visited the room #8232. I am staying in the room next door. Do you remember, is there a connecting door between #8230 and #8232?

Are the studio cabins designed for the adult kids, travelling with there parents?

There are 2 outer doors then 3 connecting doors. The studio is very very small.

22695746744_a1effb1477_c.jpg

Edited by Kcjarvis