NCL Star Restaurants

jamer

Does anyone know if the complimentary restaurants are open for (late)lunch on day of departure. Know the Market Cafe' is but just want to relax, wind down from the crazy boarding and watch the world go by.

Hi Jamer,

yes, as I've read somewhere here that "only" the main restaurant (Versailles) will be open beside the Market Café, but I'm pretty sure that no special restaurant or Ginza will be open. I'll have the same issue, I'm booked on the same cruise ;)

Why don't you join our roll call here? A lot of information are shared in this call and also a bunch of happy cruisers will meet during sail off...

Cheers Callimero

A friend who is on the Star now posted that O'Sheehan's was also open for lunch on the first day.

Yes, you're right Ron, O'Sheehan's will also be open during lunchtime. But I haven't counted O'Sheehan's as a restaurant ;)

Also the Bier Garten will be open, and I've read somewhere that they're offering "Bratwürstchen"...

Cheers Callimero

yes, as I've read somewhere here that "only" the main restaurant (Versailles) will be open beside the Market Café, but I'm pretty sure that no special restaurant or Ginza will be open.

On my Oct 19th cruise on the Star, for lunch Market Cafe was open 11:30a-3p, Versailles 12pm-2p, OSheehans 12p-4p, and Topsiders 12p-6pm. Dinner service began at Aqua, Market Cafe, OSheehans, and Versaille at 5pm. Dinner service began at 5:30pm at Ginza, Cagneys, LaCucina, LeBistro, Moderno, and SushiBar. Teppanyaki was noted as having 5:30, 7p, and 8:30p seatings.

Edited by gpb11

Also the Bier Garten will be open, and I've read somewhere that they're offering "Bratwürstchen"...

At no point did I see any food served at the BierGarten on the Star during my Oct 19th cruise. I don't remember even seeing anywhere they'd be able to set something up, but I could be wrong as I wasn't really looking for it.

Does anyone know if the complimentary restaurants are open for (late)lunch on day of departure. Know the Market Cafe' is but just want to relax, wind down from the crazy boarding and watch the world go by.

When you say "late lunch", if you mean before 2 pm, you will be ok. After that is is a lot more limited and not a MDR for sure.

So the Bier Garten wasn't open during embarcation? :eek:

Bier Garten was open on embarkation day last week but had limited food items and long lines for drinks... I wouldn't consider it for a lunch option.

Basically there is the Market Cafe, O'Sheehans, and Versailles, and after 4 PM the sailaway BBQ ...

Any word from your friend as to how things are going this week?

She's been posting daily updates on a popular social networking site :rolleyes: and she said they are having a great cruise! She said that she had nothing to while about :D

Versailles is usually open till 2pm on embarkation day. However I don't know if they close on time; we went there about 1.50pm and I think they let people in after 2pm.

They can't keep going too late as I think it is used for the Muster Drill.

Mike

Oh my, went out for a bit and came home to all your wonderful replies.

Callimero..we would very much like to join the roll call. Jim & Andrea.. Balcony Deck 9 Port. Will be driving south for about an hour, park at Parking Doctors. This was a last minute idea and spend the kids inheritance;) Good news NCL Star is the only ship at port when we leave and return. RV Sullivan..yes late lunch is around 2 ish, this way we have time get settled in our cabin and to watch the ship go under the bridge. Always miss that, usually at dinner. And indulge later in the evening with merriment. Again many thanks ..see ya 'll in 10 days from the "Jersey" transplants.

Bier Garten was open on embarkation day last week but had limited food items and long lines for drinks... I wouldn't consider it for a lunch option.

Interesting; where did they have the foodservice set up located? It's possible I missed it when we were aboard, but I'm not recalling a spot they'd have been able to use. (I fully believe you, I'm merely curious at what I missed!)

Interesting; where did they have the foodservice set up located? It's possible I missed it when we were aboard, but I'm not recalling a spot they'd have been able to use. (I fully believe you, I'm merely curious at what I missed!)

I was thinking the same thing too. We've been on the Star twice (quite a few years ago already) and they never had food there. On the Dawn at Biergarten they did have food and that was one of the few differences I noticed between the two ships.

Oh my, went out for a bit and came home to all your wonderful replies.

Callimero..we would very much like to join the roll call. Jim & Andrea.. Balcony Deck 9 Port. Will be driving south for about an hour, park at Parking Doctors. This was a last minute idea and spend the kids inheritance;) Good news NCL Star is the only ship at port when we leave and return. RV Sullivan..yes late lunch is around 2 ish, this way we have time get settled in our cabin and to watch the ship go under the bridge. Always miss that, usually at dinner. And indulge later in the evening with merriment. Again many thanks ..see ya 'll in 10 days from the "Jersey" transplants.

Have a great cruise! We're leaving on Sunday so we'll be getting of when you are getting on!

For the roll call, go to the roll call thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2164156&page=18

and introduce yourself there.