Anthem Internet

I know that the Anthem Internet fee is $15 per day. Question: if I do not purchase the voyage package the first or second day will the cost be reduced? Example - if I purcase the package on day 4 will the cost be $45 less? I really don't need the Internet the first few days so I would rather not pay when I will not be using the service.

On a recent Liberty trip the cost was reduced a few days into a 9 day voyage. Just wondering if it will be the same on Anthem. Thanks. Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson

I had sent an email to RCI, regarding a different Voom Internet question, and they included these paragraphs in the reply I received today:

"Below is our pricing structure for our VOOM internet service:

VOOM is available for only $15 per device per day plus a second device can be added for only 50% more.

2 Device Unlimited: $22.50 per day

1 Device Unlimited: $15 per day

Daily: $29.95 per device (24 hours of continuous access)

Kindly note, the $15 price range is only applicable if the package is purchased on Day 1 and must be purchased for the duration of the cruise. After that, the package price stays the same so the price per day becomes a bit higher. There is no pro-rating."

on my last cruise they had offers all cruise long to book the remainder of the cruise for the 15.00 rate.

I do have to say the VOOM internet is really one of the best things they have done in my opinion. Hotels charge 10-20 bucks for internet and you have other options like a 4G hotspot or your phone.

VOOM is really fast and unlimited, I made VOIP calls using OOMA and they sounded better than a normal cell call.

I used 40+ GB of data on my 12 day cruise, with 2 devices you can text and call each other using the wifi if you need to.

I had sent an email to RCI, regarding a different Voom Internet question, and they included these paragraphs in the reply I received today:

"Below is our pricing structure for our VOOM internet service:

VOOM is available for only $15 per device per day plus a second device can be added for only 50% more.

2 Device Unlimited: $22.50 per day

1 Device Unlimited: $15 per day

Daily: $29.95 per device (24 hours of continuous access)

Kindly note, the $15 price range is only applicable if the package is purchased on Day 1 and must be purchased for the duration of the cruise. After that, the package price stays the same so the price per day becomes a bit higher. There is no pro-rating."

It was prorated on the Anthem crossing.

so does the VRoom service include texting and phone calls from/to your cell phone too?

No, but if you install an app like What'sApp, you can call and text with that. We did that on the TA and it worked great, both to check in at home and to communicate onboard.

No, but if you install an app like What'sApp, you can call and text with that. We did that on the TA and it worked great, both to check in at home and to communicate onboard.

Thanks for the reply. When using it on the ship, and texting/calling home, does the person at home need to have the app too or will call/ texts show up in their normal cellphone service?

Thanks for the reply. When using it on the ship' date=' and texting/calling home, does the person at home need to have the app too or will call/ texts show up in their normal cellphone service?[/quote']

Yes, the other person has to have it as well. My kids, my sister and I have all had it for ages, so it was the most sensible option for us. My dad has it too...if we could just help him figure out how to answer!:D

If you purchase for one device can a second device use it, as long as the first device has logged off

Yes. My sister and I had 5 devices between us. We got the BOGOHO deal for two devices. As long as we logged off on one, we could switch to another with up to 2 devices logged in at a time. It was very convenient. So if you pay for one device, you can use it on any device you have, as long as you log off the other.

There were times it was slow. There were times RoyalIQ wasn't really working. But it was well worth it if you want to keep connected.

Edited by GolfMom321

What does the Voom plan have for upload/download data - is there a restriction on how many MB/GB you can send/receive?

I don't know, but we were able to do What'sApp calling with No problem at all, and my sister was able to see videos sent by WhatsApp.

Was just on the Oasis in September and it was prorated everyday.

For example, the first day they sold the package at $105 ($15*7). Then everyday, they took $15 off the price...90, 75, 60, 45, 30, 15. They advertised it at their stand in the Promenade every single day.

• 4 weeks later...

For our upcoming 12 night Anthem cruise DW and I plan using one of our D+ internet credits for a package covering at least he last four days which will give us internet for the three seadays return to Bayonne and using our other discount early in the cruise for two free 24 hour periods. We may pay for a few more days to extend the package at the $15/day rate on this long cruise.

On our B2B Freedom cruises in October, the only cruises we've done since the new internet (days only) options came out earlier this year, the way our D+ credit worked was it gave us one credit amount each equal to two 24 hours periods of internet. This was fine for purchasing a internet package as it gave us twice the number of internet days as the a package daily cost is half of the 24 hrs period cost but if one wanted to use their D+ credit for two 24 hours periods which could only be selected one period at a time , the first period eliminated or used the credit completely and left nothing for the second 24 hrs period even though each period's cost was half of the credit value.

What we had to do when setting up the second 24 hrs period on that cruise was to accept the charge to our onboard account and then go to the service desk and have that charge refunded back to our onboard account as we were entitled to two at no cost as a D+ benefit.

Has anyone experience this problem on Voom internet ships for getting two no cost 24 hrs periods with their D+ internet credit?

Edited by robtulipe