Guaranteed Stateroom and Luggage Dropoff Question

wiiCruz2

So, several months ago, I booked a Guaranteed Category Stateroom on a cruise traveling over the Christmas 2015 Holiday. I've book Guaranteed Category before - and I have always received an assignment usually within a few days after reserving. I know the Rules for Guaranteed Categories clearly state stateroom assignments may be made by Royal at anytime up to and including embarkation on departure date. I'm fine with not knowing my assignment until check-in (Hey I'm happy to be going on a cruise!) but,

** Q: If we don't receive a Stateroom Assignment prior to check-in, can we still drop-off our luggage with a porter at the terminal before checking-in (without a specific stateroom number)? If so, how does that process work (for those that have successfully done it without a cabin number?) We will be embarking from Baltimore.**

I want to avoid hauling luggage through security and the check-in line and having it with me until the rooms open up if possible.

So, several months ago, I booked a Guaranteed Category Stateroom on a cruise traveling over the Christmas 2015 Holiday. I've book Guaranteed Category before - and I have always received an assignment usually within a few days after reserving. I know the Rules for Guaranteed Categories clearly state stateroom assignments may be made by Royal at anytime up to and including embarkation on departure date. I'm fine with not knowing my assignment until check-in (Hey I'm happy to be going on a cruise!) but,

** Q: If we don't receive a Stateroom Assignment prior to check-in, can we still drop-off our luggage with a porter at the terminal before checking-in (without a specific stateroom number)? If so, how does that process work (for those that have successfully done it without a cabin number?) We will be embarking from Baltimore.**

I want to avoid hauling luggage through security and the check-in line and having it with me until the rooms open up if possible.

First the porters at the pier will have a list of cabins assigned to passengers. Unless your traveling , the room should be assigned well in advance of the cruise .

I'm still hoping to receive a Cabin Assignment before we set sail, but was wondering if others might have been in a similar situation.

We frequently take guarantee cabins. Sometimes we are assigned a cabin when we book (even if it is before final payment) and other times we have to wait a bit longer. The closest I've been assigned to sail date was about a week prior to a sailing.

I feel certain that you will have an assignment prior to the cruise. As others have mentioned, the porters will have a list in the unlikely case that you don't have an assignment prior to embarkation day

Good luck and enjoy

M

One time when we had a GTY, we left for the cruise without knowing what our cabin would be. when we got to the porters, they had our name on a list with our cabin number. So even if you have not been assigned before you depart for your cruise, the porters will have the cabin number and you will not have to carry your luggage around.

... we left for the cruise without knowing what our cabin would be. when we got to the porters, they had our name on a list with our cabin number. So even if you have not been assigned before you depart for your cruise, the porters will have the cabin number and you will not have to carry your luggage around.

Perfect. This is what I wanted to confirm. Thanks!