Using Gift Cards to Book Onboard

Valor2005

Thank you, everyone! I'm glad to hear that. I already bought the cards without thinking they might not allow that. :eek:

I bought a couple of $500 through AARP Rewards to get the 10% discount. I have one to take with me in January for our S & S card. Bought the 2nd one to make payments for our 2017 cruise which we'll book onboard. Now I think I'll try to get a 3rd one at a discount & use those 2 as downpayment on one I book onboard.

I haven't booked a future cruise while on-board a cruise for quite some time. What perks does Carnival currently offer to encourage passengers to do this? I already have my eyes on a 2017 cruise, so would be interested to know. Thanks in advance for the replies!!

I haven't booked a future cruise while on-board a cruise for quite some time. What perks does Carnival currently offer to encourage passengers to do this? I already have my eyes on a 2017 cruise, so would be interested to know. Thanks in advance for the replies!!

As I understand it, there is OBC to be had.

$50 3-6 day cruises

$100 7-12 day cruises

$200 13+ day cruises

that is good to know you can use the gift cards. i remember when they still had the FCC certs i couldnt put it on my s & s had to use my credit card.

I do miss those FCCs.

Still cannot charge the deposit of a new cruise on S&S account. We're always asked if we want to use the cc on file or submit a different cc.