Production shows on Regal.

nimiq

Hello all,

Just received an email from princess entertainment team and saw they had to production shows for our cruise.

My question is has any one saw on or both of them and what are your opinion ?

1-Fiera

2-Sweet soul music

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Hello all,

Just received an email from princess entertainment team and saw they had to production shows for our cruise.

My question is has any one saw on or both of them and what are your opinion ?

1-Fiera

2-Sweet soul music

Thanks

Sea ya

Eric

Only saw Fiera, and loved the creepy costumes and sets. All but one of the performers were very good. I also like the fact that the shows don't go on for hours.

Have seen Fiera! twice now and thought it was very good - I do recommend sitting in lower level though as that offers a better view/perspective - there's a lot going on and we felt we missed some of it the second time around when we were higher up and further away. I haven't seen the other show so can't comment.

Sailed on Regal last Feb and this is what I put in my review re: Fiera:

"We do not usually do the nighttime shows, but we attended FIERA! based on recommendations. It did not disappoint! But if you hate modern music, you may not like it. The music is modern pop (Lady Gaga, etc) and one couple behind us left after first song. But I loved it!"

I remember the singers were very good, but I imagine it's probably not the same crew now.

I did not see Sweet Soul Music. Hope this helps!

Saw both those shows about 2 weeks ago. To quote DW, "we enjoyed those shows because they were different then the usual cruise ship shows." My comment is that the shows kept me awake :) which is usually a good thing. The singers and dancers on the Regal are all pretty good.....not great.....but very good.

Beware! If you dine early and go to the show for early diners there are not nearly enough seats in the theater for all the goers. Less of a problem for those of us who dine late. Because of issues with a shortage of seats for early diners, the cruise director added a 3rd show (after the first show fiasco)...but not sure they will continue this practice.

Hank

I just saw Fiera on the 11/3 cruise. Loved the sets and costumes, performers were very good to excellent. My only issue was that seemed to have lifted all of the music from Pitch Perfect! I know that anyone can convert these songs, and the modern music is exciting, but the they copied the exact arrangements and mashups! I fear it's a matter of time before there is a lawsuit.

It felt a little "lazy" to me, to copy from a popular movie. Perhaps they are banking on the slightly older clientele to have not seen the movie?