Vacation protection

lvcruises

Yes but we purchase additional insurance on top of the standard, if your cruise is in Europe I highly suggest purchasing extra its more expensive should you need evacuation/medical. For caribbean, south america and bahama cruises "they" claim that the standard amount you get is enough. But the standard insurance is better than no insurance, we always purchase it also, why take a chance?

How much is the insurance for the 13 day cruise and what is the maximum for evacuation and medical? Where are you going?

Travel Insured International is excellent and reputable should you want to get it privately.

We are going to the southern Caribbean. No airfare involved as we are driving. My main concern is for cancelation as I have a family member on the transplant list and would like to cancel if it comes up right before the cruise. We currently do not have any insurance.

Edited by lvcruises

First I say check into your home or car insurance carrier and see if they offer travel insurance. I have USAA and they do offer it and for a lower price than Carnival per person and as well have better coverage. Children are covered free with a paying adult as well. See what yours offers...happy sailing and good luck to your family member on the transplant list!

Go to insuremytrip.com. There's lots of plans to choose from. We use TravelGuard and never had and trouble with them. Never used Carnival, and we read enough reviews on CC to not want to purchase travel insurance from them.

Agree about TravelGuard. Very reasonable prices and many coverage options.

We also have used TravelGuard they are very good too!

You didn't mention if this person was in your cabin, if so, yes, the insurance will apply to everybody in the cabin.

If the person is in another cabin get a plan that offers "interrupt for any reason" it may just get you75% but that a chunk of money anyways.

Read on our Roll call that even with insurance someone is having trouble working with the travel insurance. How hard are they normally to deal with if you have a family emergency or death come up? Our Only issue is my brother, who is Not traveling with us. If he gets the call for a transplant I don't want to leave my mom there all by herself dealing with it. Maybe even a situation like that isn't covered since it is not a death and they could say I don't have to actually be there.

I called Carnival and they are expensive.. $189 PP for our trip. No wonder people don't use them.

Edited by lvcruises

I use Carnival because it's easier and I've not taken the time to do my homework. Eventually (but hopefully not) that may catch up with me.

For what it's worth, Carnival's price varies by cruise. Our current 7 day Mexican Riviera only costs $49 pp to add vacation protection.

Wouldn't preexisting only apply to us. Not to someone not going on the trip?

Pre existing applies to you. Not every friend and relative not going with you.

Read your roll call and the person having problems with Carnival insurance. She says it was a bad knee waiting for surgery. A pre existing condition issue here I bet and note that Carnival does not waive pre existing conditions no matter when you pay for the insurance

Edited by SeaUs

Has anyone bought the vacation protection from Carnival? I can't find any information on the cost. Going on a 13 day cruise and really need pricing before making a decision.

Here is a link that has the rates a few years ago. Although I believe the rates are fairly close.

http://onlinecruiseservice.com/carnival_cruises/Info/Vacation_Protection.htm

Hope it helps

First I say check into your home or car insurance carrier and see if they offer travel insurance. I have USAA and they do offer it and for a lower price than Carnival per person and as well have better coverage. Children are covered free with a paying adult as well. See what yours offers...happy sailing and good luck to your family member on the transplant list!

I have USAA as well.....we paid less money for much better coverage for our upcoming cruise. Best of luck to your family.