Carnival Spirit - What time can passengers start oarding

Lea.B

Just interested in knowing what time Carnival Spirit starts boarding passengers. Already been allocated a boarding time, but the earliest we could choose was 2pm. How does Carnival organise boarding? Is it done deck by deck, or from when you book and pay deposit, when you pay balance outstanding, return passengers, or just random?

We chose our check in time by logging in online at carnival.com.au. You need your booking number to do this. Then you can provide all details like your passport info, setup your onboard spending accounts etc and choose a check in time from the available options. I think 12.30 was the earliest available.

We chose our check in time by logging in online at carnival.com.au.......I think 12.30 was the earliest available.

We've already done that, but the earliest check-in window was 2-2.30pm. As a first time cruiser, I wasn't sure how they allocated times so thought I'd ask some experts. I want to book tours as soon as possible after boarding in case they get booked out. Also, do you know if food (lunch, afternoon tea or snacks) are served when people are boarding, or just dinner that evening?

Was just on Spirit two weeks ago.

Our TA was able to get us our preferred timeslot of 1:00-1:30pm - we were all first time Carnival cruisers. The whole process went very smoothly. Your 2pm should work out fine as you should be able to go straight to your cabin and drop off your hand luggage.

Buffet & other food outlets + bars etc will all be open when you board. Head straight up to Deck9! I thoroughly recommend the deli sandwhiches!

All these outlets will close for muster, but will reopen soon after and then it's all go, go, go.

Don't each too much in the afternoon though - it will soon be dinner time:D

Happy cruising.

12 - 12.30 is the first available slot then last slot is 4 -4.30, once that time slot is full it is no longer available and it's first in best dressed.

Make sure you download your boarding pass as only then will your time be saved as a friend picked their boarding time but didn't download the boarding pass and missed out and had to choose a later time as that was all that was left.

Our TA was able to get us our preferred timeslot of 1:00-1:30pm - we were all first time Carnival cruisers. The whole process went very smoothly.

If you don't mind me asking, how was your cruise? Would you travel on a Carnival ship again?

Our TA was able to get us our preferred timeslot of 1:00-1:30pm - we were all first time Carnival cruisers. The whole process went very smoothly.

If you don't mind me asking, how was your cruise? Would you travel on a Carnival ship again?

check out the reviews from other passengers about the Spirit

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=176

As 'rmkw' posted check out the reviews on the ship - you will get a divergence of views of course. I had actually did one for that cruise:

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518315

But, yes, we would cruise on Spirit again. We have been invited to do a 16-17 New Years cruise on Carnival Legend with extended family & were not sure about Carnival, but based on our Spirit experience it sounds like a good idea :D

I did a carnival spirit cruise at the beginning of the year, we were not allowed to embark until our allocated time frame, I think we arrived about 15 minutes early, they checked our boarding passes and asked us to come back.

For those of you that don't know Sydney well, you and rip your luggage off, then head to the cafe at the museum of contemporary art, beautiful views of the ship and circular quay.

Lea as an aside, I wouldn't sail on a spirit again,(unless it was a fantastic deal). Maybe I've been spoilt by celebrity but I just found it to be very old and gaudy., average food and average service. My friend was extremely unwell during the night, our phone wasn't working in the room, I found a phone out near the elevators it also wasn't working, in an emergency this just wasn't good enough. We let the staff know the next day, not so much as an apology. I was going to take it further, I pm'd carnivals Facebook page but they didn't progress it further and at the end of the day my friend was ok, so didn't pursue. ( we were all registered nurse, so for us to worry she was sick)

In saying that I have booked my daughter and her boyfriend and other friends on carnival legend for January, they are on a much tighter budget and were able to get a balcony cabin for 10 nights for less than a $1000. So there is a price point that I think it's worth (and that's about it!!)