Elated on the Carnival Elation?.......An Accouting of My Experiences

lovelearnteach

Another Review by Ken I'm...........  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Another Review by Ken I'm...........

• feeling appricative.
    • enjoying this.
    • excited.
    • not sure.
    • out of here.
    • feeling frustrated!
    • mad!
    • never reading anything from you again.

lovelearnteach, if you ever get to Costa Maya there are some great ruins there called Chacchobean? sp? I'm sure I got that wrong but it is close. Went there back in 2002 on my Celebrity cruise and it was fantatic. And a little town and beach not far from the port shops area, called Majahual which is very interesting.

That was so wrong of that barista. If another lady had come after that one, you would wait longer. You could have ended up waiting all day to be served last and that is just plain wrong. I'm all for equality, but that was the opposite. Plain wrong.

edit to correct spelling it should be Chacchoben. LOL I was close.

That sounds so nice, thanks for tips, if I ever get the chance to go there :).

Yes it was wrong of her and she lost not only a sale for Carnival, but a tip for herself. It aggravated me enough to never go back there, even though I really really wanted a milkshake :rolleyes::D.

It was time to head to the Inspiration dinning room for the Dr. Seuss Breakfast. We were sat at a table for 10 and it was all adults, no children at our table. I don't know if that was the reason or our waiter was just having a bad day, but he was not friendly at all. After getting our breakfast he and his assistant disappeared never to be seen by my uncle and I again. I needed more syrup for my waffles, and my water refilled. We got tired of waiting and left. Was it worth the extra $5 charge, yes for a one time thing, we wouldn't do it again.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20369_zpsie3qokos.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20372_zpsqgqjb39d.jpg

Funny Belgium Waffles, tasty.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20373_zpsxgti5ekz.jpg

Omelet with tomatoes, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, ham and cheese, very delicious!

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20370_zps9wltrz69.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20371_zpsqevixztz.jpg

After breakfast the weather turned and it was rainy for the rest of the day. So much for my plans to fry myself to a crisp to make everyone back home jealous :rolleyes::D. We went back to the cabin to decide what we wanted to do for the day. I wanted to go to Star Wars Trivia at the Drama Bar, Terry wanted to just walk around. I got 4 right out of 20 questions, guess I don't know as much about Star Wars as I thought I did :confused::D.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20378_zpsmycbths0.jpg

I went to find Terry and we went and looked at the ship pix. Didn't see any that I just had to have so it was off to lunch.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20377_zpsqbengvgt.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20376_zpsz0aj9n47.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20379_zpsso6r2env.jpg

Another cheeseburger and chili cheese fries, yummy. A little potato salad, not to my liking.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20380_zpsidy4spzq.jpg

I didn't care for anything except the chocolate dipped beignet. It was really good. They ran out of bananas when I got to the dipper, I got tired of waiting for him to return and just got the beignet.

We sat around Tiffany's awhile, then decided to go back to the cabin for nap. I woke up at 2:50p.m. and decided to try the afternoon tea, So off to Duke's I went.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20382_zpsfpwsr3wp.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20383_zpsfwdr6hhi.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20384_zpskpucrxs4.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20381_zps09xwxkz9.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20386_zpsmtfas9rj.jpg

Everything was good, and it was a pleasant experience. Except for the waiter that rolled his eyes at me when I asked for cream.

Pretty much just laid around the room until it was time to get ready for dinner. Two of the ladies at our table had been indulging in adult beverages and were in quite rare form. We laughed our way through dinner and my cheeks were hurting from laughing so much by the end.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20387_zpszmj5mwmd.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20388_zpsr2j7le8m.jpg

A Study in Sushi, not very good.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20389_zpsxymd82jc.jpg

Crab Cake, very yummy.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20391_zpsfcukx9vs.jpg

Veal Parmigiana with Tomato Sauce, it was alright.

In conclusion we had a wonderful vacation, at a spectacular value, with a superb crew. I really enjoyed the smaller ship, and by far found the majority of the crew to be very excellent customer service oriented crew. Our cabin steward was one of the nicest friendliest ones we have ever had. The good ones far outweighed the not so good ones. The food was for the most part good, not great, your not going to go hungry. There is no reason you shouldn't feel blessed to be able to take a cruise on the Carnival Elation.

It was the rockiest cruise I have ever been on recently. It reminded me a lot of my first cruise in 1991. There were a lot of people with sea sickness due to the rocking. Luckily it doesn't bother my uncle or I a bit. We rather enjoyed it, although I do feel bad for those that felt sick. I don't know if this is the "norm" for Elation, but one of the assistant waiters said it was even worse in Oct. in their opinion.

Thank you so much for the review! We're going to take our very first cruise on this same itinerary, so I was glad to get the scoop.

One thing I want to know--at the Dzibulchaltun cenote, where do people change into their swimsuits? Is there a changing hut? Or do they wear the suits under their clothes?

Thank you so much for the review! We're going to take our very first cruise on this same itinerary, so I was glad to get the scoop.

One thing I want to know--at the Dzibulchaltun cenote, where do people change into their swimsuits? Is there a changing hut? Or do they wear the suits under their clothes?

Thank-you :). Beware the bite of the cruising bug :eek::D.

Yes at the entrance there are bathrooms, shops, a restaurant & lockers. You can't take any bags in the ruins, our guide said the lockers were free but it was customary to tip the attendant. I left mine on the tour bus and had no problem.

Enjoy your first cruise!

Yes at the entrance there are bathrooms, shops, a restaurant & lockers. You can't take any bags in the ruins, our guide said the lockers were free but it was customary to tip the attendant. I left mine on the tour bus and had no problem.

!

Sounds good! Does the Auto Progreso tour (I think that's who you said) give time for lunch and shopping there?

:D Hi Ken, This is Debbie from the Cruise. Loved reading your review and seeing your pictures. You did really well with the camera! I was wondering if your wouldn't mind if I used some of your pictures for my photo album on Facebook. There were lots of places that I just didn't get pictures. Hope You and your uncle are doing well. I had a GREAT time on my first Cruise! After I was home a few days....I wanted to go back! Thanks and take care. Debbie :)

1930686836_cruiseglasses.jpg.e30a20653d5ce93facaf82531208ca98.jpg

Leaving on the Elation this coming Sat.. So happy to see they still have bitter and blanc in MDR[emoji122]🏻[emoji39]...we have been on this boat several times and love the smaller ships. Haven't figured it out yet but all ruins feel hotter than normal, no matter what time of year you go it's like the sun heats the ruins up more..the cenote are really pretty and refreshing. Glad you had a good cruise. Thanks for the review, enjoyed seeing our old favorites.

Edited by mykindaparty

Sounds good! Does the Auto Progreso tour (I think that's who you said) give time for lunch and shopping there?

Yes we got there at like 11:40a.m. and the guide said meet-up time would be 2:15p.m.

Plenty of time, with enough time to shop afterwards back in Progreso.

:D Hi Ken, This is Debbie from the Cruise. Loved reading your review and seeing your pictures. You did really well with the camera! I was wondering if your wouldn't mind if I used some of your pictures for my photo album on Facebook. There were lots of places that I just didn't get pictures. Hope You and your uncle are doing well. I had a GREAT time on my first Cruise! After I was home a few days....I wanted to go back! Thanks and take care. Debbie :)

Oh sure take any pix you want, thank-you :).

So glad you found me, and so happy to hear you enjoyed your first cruise. It was a pleasure meeting, cruising and dinning with you & the girls :D.

Leaving on the Elation this coming Sat.. So happy to see they still have bitter and blanc in MDR[emoji122]🏻[emoji39]...we have been on this boat several times and love the smaller ships. Haven't figured it out yet but all ruins feel hotter than normal, no matter what time of year you go it's like the sun heats the ruins up more..the cenote are really pretty and refreshing. Glad you had a good cruise. Thanks for the review, enjoyed seeing our old favorites.

Thank-you :).

Yes I like any ship really, my uncle and I were talking about it today and he would rather sail on a larger ship. He says he doesn't care for the smaller ships. I agree there are advantages and disadvantages to both, which is why I love them all :D.

So I have to eat a little crow as in my last Carnival review I said it was highly unlikely I would ever sail on Carnival again. If not for the fact that the Port of New Orleans is a drive-able port and Carnival is pretty much the only cruise line to sail form it, it would be true.

Carnival is never going to be my favorite cruise line, but it's a great value for sure. For a very reasonable price you can have a worry free vacation. I've yet to experience a "bad" cruise, Ive loved everyone that I've had the blessing to be on.

For anyone interested I'll post some pix of our day in NOLA after getting off the Elation :).

Thank-you for following along and reading my experiences I appreciate it. I hope you were able to take something positive away from this. Happy cruising and many blessings to you all :).

So we were undecided on how long we were going to stay in NOLA, but we were spending the night tonight for sure. We were also staying in the same hotel, Super 8. We had no problems whatsoever getting off the ship. We were at the hotel by 10:00a.m. and they let us check-in early for no fee.

We settled into our room, checked the car and everything was fine no problems. We went to the front desk and asked what was the best way to see the French Quarter. He told us public transit was the best cheapest way to go. All we had to do was catch a bus right across the street from the hotel then catch a trolley. He gave us a map and highlighted everything we needed, so off we went. An all day pass was $3pp good for all public transit.

Well it was so super easy and by far the cheapest way to get around downtown NOLA. So much easier than trying to find a spot or paying outrageous parking fee's.

We needed to take the 94 Broad bus to Canal St. then we needed to get the trolley to go to Bourbon St. The really nice bus driver told us exactly where to go to catch the trolley we needed. Then the really nice trolley driver told us when to get off for Bourbon St.

It was so easy, and everyone we encountered was nice and friendly :).