Elated on the Carnival Elation?.......An Accouting of My Experiences

lovelearnteach

Another Review by Ken I'm...........  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Another Review by Ken I'm...........

• feeling appricative.
    • enjoying this.
    • excited.
    • not sure.
    • out of here.
    • feeling frustrated!
    • mad!
    • never reading anything from you again.

So we were handed a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade as soon as we got out of the shuttles. Our guide, can't remember his name, took us around the property and showed us everything and where everything was. We then all picked our spots and started to settle in. The waiter quickly took my drink order and the beginning of a brilliant beach day was begun. Another guy came around asking everyone what time they would like lunch and what they would like. There was the Chef's plate, chicken tacos or beef tacos, I chose the Chef's plate.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20219_zpsfbsmpovv.jpg

Freshly squeezed lemonade, yummy.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20218_zps0dbexpyt.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20221_zpsdrrfszz9.jpg

My home for the day.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20222_zpsalgxrtps.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20223_zpsp4rsy8vb.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20224_zps0tnq5kwk.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20225_zps1ieayitx.jpg

My first adult beverage a mango daiquiri, yummy but one was enough of these.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20227_zpsf4xopu7b.jpg

I asked for a Corona for my next beverage and he said oh you must try our local beer, so I said sure. I didn't know he was still going to bring the Corona, so I was two-fisting it, lol.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20230_zpsmxpmz60e.jpg

The beach house.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20231_zpsaqi2dd8r.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20234_zpsh2ofsihs.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20232_zpsftfaicdh.jpg

So my first time impression to Cozumel, to much booze! Loved my excursion but there are just to many bars and drunks. Getting back on the ship I had my first run in with people too drunk.

Drunken fight #1

There were 2 couples in front of me.The first couple were arguing I wasn't really paying to much attention until the guy grabbed the girl by her hair and jerked her head back really roughly and calls her out of her name. The guy from the second couple starts going off on the guy and macho es macho then ensues all the way to security check-in. Security took hair puller away, but not before causing a major delay and back-up.

Edited by lovelearnteach

Ding, ding, ding round 2.

I went back to my cabin to get a shower, Terry was not there when I got back, but came in a little later. I got out of the shower and we're sitting there telling each other about our day's. After some time passed, we were already back out to sea by then, we hear someone yelling.

I put the TV on mute, and some guy is screaming obscenities. I go look out the door and I can't see anybody but the cabin door catty-corner across from us is open and I see glass over the floor and that is where the yelling is coming from. Our cabin steward comes up to me and says "I've called security it would be safer if I go back into my cabin and close the door.".

So it turns out guy #1 purchased the cruise for him and his girlfriend, the girlfriend breaks up with him so he asks his buddy to come in her place. Guy #1 and guy #2 go to a bar in Cozumel. Guy #2 meets a girl in bar and she is on the same cruise. They both agreed guy #2 met the girl first but guy #2 says guy #1 stole the girl from him. Guy #1 says he was trying to ignore the girl but she made it obvious she liked guy #1 better. So they all head back to the ship for some "fun" and go to the guys cabin.

Girl gets in bed with guy #1 they do their business and instead of getting in bed with guy #2 she leaves. Guy #2 then proceeds to start punching guy #1 as he's laying in the bed. Guy #1 stands up and guy #2 somehow slams guy #1 into the mirror over the desk breaking it and cutting guy #1 who gets blood everywhere.

Guy #2 then grabs the stool and throws it at guy #1 missing him and hitting the mirror on the back of the door breaking it. Guy #1 gets guy #2 in a headlock and chokes him out. Guy #2 was still unconscious when security arrived. It was obvious both guys were very drunk. Both were taken away never to be seen again.

Yes I know there are drunken people in every port, but Cozumel has a lot of bars, more than some ports for sure. I'm just not going to be chomping at the bit to go back there. Unfortunately some people just can't handle their drink and ruin it for everyone else.

Edited by lovelearnteach

I have enjoyed reading your review. I am also from the St. Louis area. I cruised the week before on the Elation, so we were getting off the day you were getting on. I rode down with 3 of my friends. Two of us took turns driving so we were able to drive each way in one day. With lunch and dinner breaks, it took us about 11 hours. I agree that it was crazy getting off in Cozumel. We were on the Rivera deck and people were lined up in both directions going pass our room trying to get off. About 30 minutes after we docked, we were able to walk right off. We just did a beach day on our own in Cozumel so we didn't have to hurry to get off.

Continuing to enjoy your review, Ken. Wow! I've never encountered it that bad in Cozumel and I've been there lots of times. I did that La Casa en La Playa excursion a couple months ago and loved it. It does sound like the menu has changed though. I had fajitas made to order when I visited. It was an enjoyable, relaxing beach day. I had the mojitos. It sounds like you tried a little bit of everything!

I have enjoyed reading your review. I am also from the St. Louis area. I cruised the week before on the Elation, so we were getting off the day you were getting on. I rode down with 3 of my friends. Two of us took turns driving so we were able to drive each way in one day. With lunch and dinner breaks, it took us about 11 hours. I agree that it was crazy getting off in Cozumel. We were on the Rivera deck and people were lined up in both directions going pass our room trying to get off. About 30 minutes after we docked, we were able to walk right off. We just did a beach day on our own in Cozumel so we didn't have to hurry to get off.

Thank-you :). OMG what a coincidence :D. My uncle does not drive so I have to do it all. It took me 12 hours coming home. Yes getting off the ship is not pleasant at all.

Continuing to enjoy your review, Ken. Wow! I've never encountered it that bad in Cozumel and I've been there lots of times. I did that La Casa en La Playa excursion a couple months ago and loved it. It does sound like the menu has changed though. I had fajitas made to order when I visited. It was an enjoyable, relaxing beach day. I had the mojitos. It sounds like you tried a little bit of everything!

Thank-you :). Yes I did, I was going to settle with the Corona, but a lady said the pina colada's were so good and they were.

We were "trapped" in our cabin for awhile because of those knuckleheads. So we just chillaxed and napped until dinner.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20261_zpsugityx3z.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20262_zpsb1x23txh.jpg

Fried Shrimp, very good.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20263_zps35mnesvb.jpg

Jerked Pork Loin, my favorite of the trip, so good!

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20264_zpsmstguudy.jpg

Warm Melting Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Ice Cream, the best, love it!

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20265_zpslajbjjae.jpg

Tiramisu, good.

Sorry everyone, didn't get a pic of the dessert menu.

Our poor cabin steward had to clean up the huge mess the two dummies had made of their cabin. We didn't get turn-down service that night, which was understandable, but we did get 2 towel animals the next day.

I was exhausted so pretty much went to bed after dinner and Terry joined me soon after.

I enjoyed my excursion and would do it again in a heartbeat. I'm just not in any rush to go back to Cozumel. It just felt like a booze port, maybe it was just me and the 2 incidents could be just isolated incidents.

Our poor cabin steward had to clean up the huge mess the two dummies had made of their cabin. We didn't get turn-down service that night, which was understandable, but we did get 2 towel animals the next day.

I was exhausted so pretty much went to bed after dinner and Terry joined me soon after.

I enjoyed my excursion and would do it again in a heartbeat. I'm just not in any rush to go back to Cozumel. It just felt like a booze port, maybe it was just me and the 2 incidents could be just isolated incidents.

I'd say Cozumel does tend to be a booze port, but the behavior you described is not the norm. I think it had to do more with two guys "on the hunt" than anything else. Usually Cozumel is a "pier runner" port where you laugh at drunks stumbling their way back to a departing ship and eventually find out that someone missed the ship completely while passed out in a puddle of tequila.

Ding, ding, ding round 2.

I went back to my cabin to get a shower, Terry was not there when I got back, but came in a little later. I got out of the shower and we're sitting there telling each other about our day's. After some time passed, we were already back out to sea by then, we hear someone yelling.

I put the TV on mute, and some guy is screaming obscenities. I go look out the door and I can't see anybody but the cabin door catty-corner across from us is open and I see glass over the floor and that is where the yelling is coming from. Our cabin steward comes up to me and says "I've called security it would be safer if I go back into my cabin and close the door.".

So it turns out guy #1 purchased the cruise for him and his girlfriend, the girlfriend breaks up with him so he asks his buddy to come in her place. Guy #1 and guy #2 go to a bar in Cozumel. Guy #2 meets a girl in bar and she is on the same cruise. They both agreed guy #2 met the girl first but guy #2 says guy #1 stole the girl from him. Guy #1 says he was trying to ignore the girl but she made it obvious she liked guy #1 better. So they all head back to the ship for some "fun" and go to the guys cabin.

Girl gets in bed with guy #1 they do their business and instead of getting in bed with guy #2 she leaves. Guy #2 then proceeds to start punching guy #1 as he's laying in the bed. Guy #1 stands up and guy #2 somehow slams guy #1 into the mirror over the desk breaking it and cutting guy #1 who gets blood everywhere.

Guy #2 then grabs the stool and throws it at guy #1 missing him and hitting the mirror on the back of the door breaking it. Guy #1 gets guy #2 in a headlock and chokes him out. Guy #2 was still unconscious when security arrived. It was obvious both guys were very drunk. Both were taken away never to be seen again.

Yes I know there are drunken people in every port, but Cozumel has a lot of bars, more than some ports for sure. I'm just not going to be chomping at the bit to go back there. Unfortunately some people just can't handle their drink and ruin it for everyone else.

Thx for the review and photo so far. Loving everything

Oh and the two guys drunk story was crazyyyy

And guy #2 screwed up....if the girl and them were all going back to the cabin to mess around he shoulda joined in from the start lol. Jeessh....Amatuers 😆😆😆😆😜

Thanks for the great review! I sail on Elation this weekend for the third time. My most recent cruises have been on the Dream so it is a little depressing to see the shabiness of the Elation. I won't care though, because I am happy to just be crusin'!

This will be my 12th cruise to Cozumel and I have never had anything happen like you describe. There are sometimes a few inebriated folks trying to make it back to the ship on time. This is great fun to watch.

The pictures of the food make me really hungry. Again, I hope you will give Cozumel another try. It is a fabulous place.

I'd say Cozumel does tend to be a booze port, but the behavior you described is not the norm. I think it had to do more with two guys "on the hunt" than anything else. Usually Cozumel is a "pier runner" port where you laugh at drunks stumbling their way back to a departing ship and eventually find out that someone missed the ship completely while passed out in a puddle of tequila.

We had those too, and quite a few missed the boat.

Thx for the review and photo so far. Loving everything

Oh and the two guys drunk story was crazyyyy

And guy #2 screwed up....if the girl and them were all going back to the cabin to mess around he shoulda joined in from the start lol. Jeessh....Amatuers 😆😆😆😆😜

Thank-you :).

:D When asked by security neither guy knew the girl's name :D.

And it's that type of mess the cabin steward really doesn't wanna clean up!

He told me he had to pack both their luggage as they were not allowed to return to the cabin on top of having to clean the huge mess they made. It took him and his assistant most of the night to get it cleaned, I felt so bad for him.

Thanks for the great review! I sail on Elation this weekend for the third time. My most recent cruises have been on the Dream so it is a little depressing to see the shabiness of the Elation. I won't care though, because I am happy to just be crusin'!

This will be my 12th cruise to Cozumel and I have never had anything happen like you describe. There are sometimes a few inebriated folks trying to make it back to the ship on time. This is great fun to watch.

The pictures of the food make me really hungry. Again, I hope you will give Cozumel another try. It is a fabulous place.

Thank-you :).

To each his own, I think shabby is a little harsh. I didn't have any issues, we had a great time and would sail on the Elation again. I will give that when I first walked into the cabin I thought for minute I was back in 1980 :D.