Elated on the Carnival Elation?.......An Accouting of My Experiences

lovelearnteach

Another Review by Ken I'm...........  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Another Review by Ken I'm...........

• feeling appricative.
    • enjoying this.
    • excited.
    • not sure.
    • out of here.
    • feeling frustrated!
    • mad!
    • never reading anything from you again.

Awww. I am enjoying this. We just sailed the 5-day cruise in October. I really liked the ship. Such an easy one to learn your way around. And my kids absolutely loved the kids clubs, so much so, we had to MAKE them be with us for some family time. :D

Glad you had a good cruise.

Got up about 7:45a.m.ish, and decided to go to the Imagination Dinning Room for Sea Day Brunch. Sorry didn't get any pix of the menu or the food. I got Eggs Benedict with the hollandaise on the side. A tip I learned here on CC, and a good tip it is. I saw someone else order the EB and it looked nasty the hollandaise had been sitting on the poached eggs for awhile. Mine were delicious, with nice fresh hollandaise they gave me a generous amount. Definitely the way to go.

Today is a sea day and I feel like doing absolutely nothing :D. I did a little exploring while trying to stake out a spot I could pool watch, people watch, waterslide watch and ocean watch all at the same time.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20166_zpsshhnempz.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20167_zpstv64zjtv.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20168_zpshbmci9nq.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20169_zpssw3gfe0b.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20170_zpsh7glps6p.jpg

It was crazy windy in front of the ship, but really it was really windy all day. It felt good cause the sun was blazing hot, so it never felt cold.

Awww. I am enjoying this. We just sailed the 5-day cruise in October. I really liked the ship. Such an easy one to learn your way around. And my kids absolutely loved the kids clubs, so much so, we had to MAKE them be with us for some family time. :D

Glad you had a good cruise.

Thank-you :). Yes it was very easy to get around! Glad to hear the feedback from the kid's club. Since I don't have any children it's not something I can comment on. I know we had children on our cruise but either they were so well behaved or so busy in the kid's club I never noticed them to be rude or unruly.

Thank-you :). Yes that TV was ancient, but I found all the public areas pleasurable, in good condition and tasteful. It may be small, but there was still plenty to do and see.

I agree, Ken. I enjoy the smaller, older ships too. And you can't beat the value they offer.

Thank-you :). I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Cozumel I did a Carnival excursion and Progreso we bought an excursion once there from AutoProgreso to Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins. I'll go into more detail in my review. Some of our dinner table mates said they went to the free beach in Progreso and were constantly harassed by vendors.

When we go to Progresso we take the Carnival excursion to Merida and enjoy that city. You are not harassed at all like you are in Progresso. One time at the free beach in Progresso I bought a "friendship bracelet" from a kid thinking that if I bought something he would go away. Not the case. The same kid was back just a few minutes later acting like he had never seen me before.

When we go to Progresso we take the Carnival excursion to Merida and enjoy that city. You are not harassed at all like you are in Progresso. One time at the free beach in Progresso I bought a "friendship bracelet" from a kid thinking that if I bought something he would go away. Not the case. The same kid was back just a few minutes later acting like he had never seen me before.

We didn't have any issues, but we were at the ruins all day.

One of the 3 missing people at our table showed up tonight. She said her other 2 friends were feeling sea sick. After dinner we we ran back to the room and I changed into shorts and off we went to the Mikado Lounge for the Epic Rock show. It was awesome, I was impressed with the skills of the performer's!

Then we had to rush to the exact opposite end of the ship to catch the Punchliner Comedy Club show. The comedian was Macio and his show was "Grown Up Talk". My uncle and I found him to be very funny, we enjoyed his performance. Then it was off to bed.

I had a great time at sea doing absolutely nothing, it was fabulous!

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20192_zpskjanja1k.jpg

Our 2nd new friend.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20193_zpscfmhzlup.jpg

Located in the Cole Porter Lounge.

I headed off to the Imagination Dinning Room for breakfast. I got an ham & cheese omelet and it was cooked perfectly. I found the omelets in the MDR were much better than the ones at Tiffany's, although both were good. Then back to the cabin to get everything together for a day out. I purchased a tour through Carnival, La Casa en La Playa, for just myself. My uncle is not much for lay around on the beach, so he just hung around near the ship ans shopped and people watched. He said he also went swimming and got in a hot tub on the ship and pretty much had it to himself.

So my tour was basically an all-inclusive beach house. There are a limited number of guests, all the adult beverages you can drink, snacks, lunch and snorkeling in the deal.

I have to say that getting off was a bit of a clusterf**k. There was a line, but the end was not where people were getting off the elevators or coming down the stairs, but the line intersected this area. They should have blocked the stairs and there would have been less confusion and chaos.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20197_zpse7ucz5jl.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20198_zpsjeqwtoea.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20199_zpspw1xaa5q.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20201_zpsfl1muath.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20200_zpspbqbd66c.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20202_zpsibybvees.jpg