Elated on the Carnival Elation?.......An Accouting of My Experiences

lovelearnteach

Another Review by Ken I'm...........  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Another Review by Ken I'm...........

• feeling appricative.
    • enjoying this.
    • excited.
    • not sure.
    • out of here.
    • feeling frustrated!
    • mad!
    • never reading anything from you again.

I hope to hear more and thank you....excited to read your review as she comes here to Jax, we loose our wonderful Fascination, she is out last minute getaway cruises and getting the Elation is coming here. Since she doesn't have any regular balconies I probably be cruising double on her lol.

So we decided to head back to the cabin, I needed a nap as I didn't go to bed until way after midnight, and got up at 5:45a.m..

I woke up just a little bit before they started calling us for muster drill. We had to go to the Cole Porter Lounge for our meeting place. After listening to the spiel and watching the life jacket demo we had to go up one set of stairs to stand in front of our life boats. It went fairly quickly and I hung around and waited for sail-away. It seemed as good a spot as any.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20114_zps3uklxbbk.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20115_zpsdc3occpz.jpg

Cole Porter Lounge and The Punchliner Comedy Club.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20116_zpsutcovhgg.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20118_zpsjpiajy5q.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20119_zpsdqdpk2p6.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20122_zpsh0qeectp.jpg

Enjoying your review. I think Elation has one of the best Carnival staff I've experienced. They all bend over backwards to make your cruise enjoyable. The ship is older and in need of refurbishment (especially the cabins), but the staff make up for that.

Thank-you :). Yes that TV was ancient, but I found all the public areas pleasurable, in good condition and tasteful. It may be small, but there was still plenty to do and see.

I hope to hear more and thank you....excited to read your review as she comes here to Jax, we loose our wonderful Fascination, she is out last minute getaway cruises and getting the Elation is coming here. Since she doesn't have any regular balconies I probably be cruising double on her lol.

Thank-you :). I enjoyed sailing on a smaller ship, it felt more homie for some reason. For only being on her for 5 days I thought it was perfect. I hope you enjoy sailing on her.

Thanks for the review and pics - we will be on the Elation in 35 days! Any suggestions for things to do in Progresso or Cozumel?

Thank-you :). I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Cozumel I did a Carnival excursion and Progreso we bought an excursion once there from AutoProgreso to Dzibilchaltun Mayan Ruins. I'll go into more detail in my review. Some of our dinner table mates said they went to the free beach in Progreso and were constantly harassed by vendors.

We'll be on her 7 days from right now, perfect timing for this review. We were on her about a year ago, and even though she had just been through a drydock there were many things that could use a little work. The thing that made the difference was the crew. Best we'd had until that point, and rivaling that of the crew in Alaska this summer.

I can't wait to see the rest!

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20145_zpsa2ykphxh.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20146_zpsizwgmjco.jpg

Mongolian Wok, never did make it this venue.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20148_zpsv7tl1p9w.jpg

So who knew this delicious cup of hot chocolate would cause some mystery. It was getting cold out so I decided to head to the cabin to watch us sailing down the Mississippi from our window. I was kneeling on my bed watching the scenery sipping my hot chocolate, snapping pix. I sat my hot chocolate on the window sill and went to turn the air conditioning up as it was feeling a little chilly in the cabin.

As I was walking back the cup of hot chocolate just flips over all by itself. There was less than half the cup left but it got some on my bed comforter. I'm not saying the room is haunted but I watched that cup turn itself over and spill.

So I dialed the room steward and got room service which I didn't know until after I had told them the whole story. So about 15 minutes later the room steward, Trishna and his assistant showed up. They already knew about the comforter and took it and the towel I had used to wipe the window sill. Room service delivered an ice bucket full of ice.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20149_zpsb3no4vm8.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20143_zpsij0yu0xx.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20149_zpsb3no4vm8.jpg

So we were piddling around in the cabin unpacking and getting ready for dinner when Trisna comes back. He tells me he's going to sneak the comforter in the wash because if he reports it I will be charged for the cleaning. He asks if a tan blanket that was in the closet and a sheet will be fine for now until he can get the comforter back the next day. I say yes I will most likely only use a sheet. Well I never did see any comforter on my bed for the rest of the cruise. Now shouldn't every bed have 2 comforters? Not a big deal as I didn't need it to cover, but the extra cushion of it would have been nice. Otherwise Trisna was wonderful and always greeted us by name.

Edited by lovelearnteach

So the taste bar was going to be open 3 nights this cruise and the first night was one of them. Tonight was a taste from the Blue Iguana Cantina. We headed there before dinner. We are late traditional MDR lovers sitting at a big table. It's just a great way to get to know people in my experience.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20151_zpsqybq2l80.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20153_zpss87xwwwf.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20152_zpshnmzbdu4.jpg

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20154_zpslahcwki9.jpg

Chicken Avocado & Lime Tortilla Soup, not bad, and Roast Pork, Green Chili Salsa, Aged Cotija Cheese, Tortilla, pretty good.

We'll be on her 7 days from right now, perfect timing for this review. We were on her about a year ago, and even though she had just been through a drydock there were many things that could use a little work. The thing that made the difference was the crew. Best we'd had until that point, and rivaling that of the crew in Alaska this summer.

I can't wait to see the rest!

Thank-you :). Enjoy your cruise! The crew is truly wonderful on the Elation!

We enjoyed meeting our table mates, and we seemed to all vibe well with one another. Dinner was very good, no complaints from me. Overall we had an awesome day. Went back to the room and I changed back into shorts and we went to the Welcome Aboard Show in the Mikado Theater. I got a Bahama Mama and after a couple of sips I was falling asleep :D so we left and went to bed.

Mexico%20cruise%20Nov.%202015%20165_zpsohk3suyo.jpg

Our first new friend.