Current Internet prices?

@homeinok

I think you need to go to Carnivals website and check the dates you want. No one here knows the specifics of what you need.

Actually, I'm a bit confused why you ask here instead of looking this up yourself? It would seem that if you can use the computer to post on CC you can certainly go on Carnivals site as well and get the information you need.:confused:

What are the current internet prices for the Magic? Bringing teenagers....:eek:

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships (with the exception of the Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit) now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access to popular social sites and Apps such as Facebook, What’s App and Instagram. Does not include access to the entire internet.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Access to the web. Perfect for emailing, browsing the news and keeping up to date with sports scores. Does not support access to bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming

Premium ($25 USD per day) – Access to the web at up to three times faster than the other plans. Supports Skype where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. Printing is offered at no charge.

Hope this helps you......from what I copied and pasted for you from another post the new plans seem great and are a lot more cost effective compared to the old plans. Also reviews say the speed is much faster as well

Also the weekly price are very reasonable IMO. Like $60 for the middle pkg

Edited by LaCal

What are the current internet prices for the Magic? Bringing teenagers....:eek:

What date are you looking at going and how many people and rooms?

Edited to add. LOL @ myself, I thought you meant sales prices. Internet? Unlplug them from the net for a week, it will be good for them. My nephew is an internet addict, very poor social skills because of it. Not saying your teens are addicted but I firmly believe it can be harmful to give in.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

What date are you looking at going and how many people and rooms?

Edited to add. LOL @ myself, I thought you meant sales prices. Internet? Unlplug them from the net for a week, it will be good for them. My nephew is an internet addict, very poor social skills because of it. Not saying your teens are addicted but I firmly believe it can be harmful to give in.

I see so many people on posts about internet access post these types of comments about unplugging. I must say that I do agree about being free and staying off the interwebs while on a cruise but the reason we are going to allow our teen girls and 11 year old son to get the social package is because it is their first cruise and we want to stay in touch about when and where to meet up and also want them to have a way to reach us if something is wrong and we can do that through the FB social media app. Also, I have heard that those who purchase this package can also text via iMessage. Great way to stay in touch with the kiddos. So basically, it's a peace of mind for a mom who tends to worry :D

Edited by 2Ccruisers

I see so many people on posts about internet access post these types of comments about unplugging. I must say that I do agree about being free and staying off the interwebs while on a cruise but the reason we are going to allow our teen girls and 11 year old son to get the social package is because it is their first cruise and we want to stay in touch about when and where to meet up and also want them to have a way to reach us if something is wrong and we can do that through the FB social media app. Also, I have heard that those who purchase this package can also text via iMessage. Great way to stay in touch with the kiddos. So basically, it's a peace of mind for a mom who tends to worry

Breakfast...when all there (especially 11 yr old), talk to them, make a plan and meet up at designated spots. Also, would let your 11 yr old run the streets in a city you are not familiar with unsupervised and just expect all to be ok? Maybe 11 yr old should stay closer to mom that worries, a little young to be off and unsupervised...IDK....its not rocket science people just good old fashion common sense

Edited by Drazil65

Pyrate maybe you should let the coffe kick in before you type in the morning.Wow...

With all do respect, there is a big difference in meaning between "internet prices FOR the Magic" and "internet prices ON the Magic". Have to love the English language! The good news, you did get replies regarding the prices ON the Magic too.;)

Pyrate maybe you should let the coffe kick in before you type in the morning.Wow...

With all do respect, there is a big difference in meaning between "internet prices FOR the Magic" and "internet prices ON the Magic". Have to love the English language! The good news, you did get replies regarding the prices ON the Magic too.;)

I agree, which is how/why it misread it. The verbiage used "seems" to indicate the threadstarter is looking for cruise prices, and that is how I "read" it also.

I think you need to go to Carnivals website and check the dates you want. No one here knows the specifics of what you need.

Actually, I'm a bit confused why you ask here instead of looking this up yourself? It would seem that if you can use the computer to post on CC you can certainly go on Carnivals site as well and get the information you need.:confused:

Why the need to be so snarky? If you don't like the question, pass it by. No need to be rude. That's what's wrong with the world today. A simple question was asked.

Nothing rude about it. They asked a question, I asked them a question. Looking at some of the other posts it seems I wasn't the only one confused by their question. My answer still stands even on the other pricing subject, just go to Carnivals site and the answer is there. Why complicate it by going to another site to get an answer and having someone else look it up for you when you can get it directly from the source?

• 3 weeks later...
We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships (with the exception of the Carnival Legend and Carnival Spirit) now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access to popular social sites and Apps such as Facebook, What’s App and Instagram. Does not include access to the entire internet.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Access to the web. Perfect for emailing, browsing the news and keeping up to date with sports scores. Does not support access to bandwidth intensive services like Skype and music streaming

Premium ($25 USD per day) – Access to the web at up to three times faster than the other plans. Supports Skype where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. Printing is offered at no charge.

Hope this helps you......from what I copied and pasted for you from another post the new plans seem great and are a lot more cost effective compared to the old plans. Also reviews say the speed is much faster as well

Also the weekly price are very reasonable IMO. Like $60 for the middle pkg

Thanks for this helpful information. I agree - the weekly price is quite reasonable. The Carnival site doesn't indicate the cost for the Value (middle) option for an 8 day cruise. Based on the weekly price you indicate, I'm guessing 8 days would be in the $70 - $75 range, but I'd love confirmation if anyone has this information.

Thanks in advance.

We don't use our phones on the ship but I have in the past used the computer in the Internet Cafe to check-in for my SW flights 24 hours before my flight and print my boarding passes. I have paid by the minute in the past, about $8.00. How do I do this now??? I will be on the Glory.