What excellent CS from P & O

soobs

We booked a late saver for our cruise on Britainnia next week.We booked a DC grade guarantee superior deluxe balcony which was the only grade available to book for this type of cabin and we have been allocated a DA cabin 2 grades higher ,so this is an upgrade.

Oh so you can book a grade on a late saver too - it's been so long I couldn't remember. Great news about the upgrade, I have to say there do seem to be more people getting them which is great!

Correct late savers pay for a cabin type not a grade. Therefore they do not get upgrades. They are fitted into a inside, ocean view or balcony.

I do not think it is possible to definitively say late savers do not get upgrades. Under the guarantee system it is extremely likely that anyone booking a guaranteed grade will get an upgrade but generally not anything worthwhile. Late savers as the name implies are getting an economical rate for a relatively last minute deal on a cabin type. It is always possible that the cruise line needs a specific cabin one in a precise location to slot in some outside contractors doing urgent repair or maintenance work and they need to be at a specific location and the only way of achieving this is to shift a late saver person into another cabin which is not of the same type. This is extremely unlikely to happen but I think you cannot say late savers never get upgrades.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I recently booked a Late Saver on Ventura for an outside cabin in October. I bought in at the lowest grade in the unobstructed cabin category. I was allocated a cabin in the second grade in the category, which was a four berth cabin for the two of us. I considered that an upgrade and I was very pleased. :)

Edited by Scriv